List of countries by population growth rate
This article includes three lists of countries and self-governing dependent territories by annual population growth rate.
The first list is based on the estimates taken from the 2006 edition of the United Nations World Population Prospects report. Figures are population growth rate estimates for the period 2005–2010 using the medium variant.
The third list is based on World Bank estimates for year 2009. Population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship—except for refugees not permanently settled in the country of asylum, who are generally considered part of the population of the country of origin.
List of countriesEdit
- 2009 List by the World Bank (WB 2009)
- 2013 List by the CIA World Factbook (CIA WF 2012)
- 2013 List by the CIA World Factbook (CIA WF 2014)
- 2005–2010 List by the United Nations (UN 2005–2010)
- 2010–2015 List by the United Nations (UN 2010–2015)
- United Nations World Population Prospects: 2006 revision – Table A.8
- "The World Factbook". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "World Bank Population growth (annual %)". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- CIA The World Factbook: Population growth rate. Retrieved 11/08/2015.
- UN World Population Prospects, the 2015 Revision. Population Growth Rate. Retrieved 11/08/2015.
- Mainland only. Excludes SARs
- Includes Mayotte
- Metropolitan France only
- Recent official estimates show a growth rate of 1.00 per Statistics New Zealand Archived 2008-02-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- Consists of Jersey and Guernsey