List of business region acronyms
This is a list of commonly used acronyms of regional designations used for government, marketing and business purposes.
- Note that while some are precisely defined, others depend on context and have no clear universally-accepted definition - and some may be perceived as contentious or derogatory.
- DACH: Germany (D), Austria (A) and Switzerland (CH), widely used acronym in the German speaking area
- DOS: Germany, Austria and Switzerland (for the countries' respective names in German: Deutschland, Österreich, and Schweiz)
- EALA: Europe, Africa and Latin America
- EMEA: Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- EMEIA, EMEAI, EMIA: Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India.
- EMEA/CIS: Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Commonwealth of Independent States.
- EMEAC: Europe, Middle East, Africa and Caribbean.
- EEMEA: Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa. Some companies separate their Eastern European business from the rest of Europe, and refer to the EEMEA region separately from the Western/Central European (EU/EFTA) region.
- IMEA: India, Middle East and Africa
Examples of usageEdit
- "Australia & New Zealand (ANZ)". GE. GE.com. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- "APJ REGION". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- "Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)". RGA. Reinsurance Group of America. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- [Middle East and Pakistan (MEP) External Relations Leader "Sales Director for EMEA/CIS Joins in January"] Check
|url=value (help). www..jamesway.com. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- Perez-Escamilla, R. "Breastfeeding in Africa and the Latin American and Caribbean region: the potential role of urbanization". J Trop Pediatr. 40: 137–43. doi:10.1093/tropej/40.3.137. PMID 8078111.
- "Middle East and Pakistan (MEP) External Relations Leader". www.smartrecruiters.com/. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about geography terminology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|