List of brothels in Nevada
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a historical list of the legal brothels in Nevada. They are arranged by name within location (the nearest town or named place) within each county that licenses such establishments. Defunct establishments are retained for completeness. Note, however, that this list so far only covers the modern era of brothel prostitution in Nevada, from about 1950 onward, after the closure of the red light districts of Reno and Las Vegas.
According to the Nevada Brothel Finder site, there are 24 legal brothels in Nevada as of February 2014. While prostitution is legal in parts of Nevada, it is illegal outside these licensed brothels. Prostitution is illegal under state law in Clark County, which contains Las Vegas and its metropolitan area. Other counties may choose to allow it, if they desire to. Currently Washoe County (which contains Reno), Carson City (an independent city), Douglas County, and Lincoln County ban brothels. Eureka County has no law on the books either permitting or prohibiting licensed brothels and currently has no brothels. The other counties permit brothels, but some of them do not currently have any active brothels.
- Dovetail Ranch
- Sharon's Brothel & Bar
- The Desert Rose Gentlemen's Club
- Inez's D&D Bar
- Mona's Ranch
- Sue's Fantasy Club
By local ordinance, brothels are restricted to the Mound House area.
- The Love Ranch (Formerly Bunnyranch II, Kitty's, and various other names)
- Moonlite Bunny Ranch - World Famous Brothel featured on HBO's Cathouse
- Sagebrush Ranch
- Kit Kat Guest Ranch
- Wild Cat Brothel
- Alien Cathouse (sometimes referred to as "Lathrop Wells")
- Love Ranch South. This business was purchased by Dennis Hof, owner of several other Nevada brothels, in the fall of 2010. It has since been extensively upgraded. Formerly called the Cherry Patch Ranch, Crystal Love Ranch, Mabel's Whorehouse, Madame Butterfly's.
White Pine CountyEdit
- Stardust Ranch
- PJ's Lucky Strike (closed, early 2000s)
- No. 1 Geisha (formerly Mona Lisa Ranch and CharDon's Club closed in 2010)
- Cottontail Ranch (currently closed)
- Pat's Country Club
- Simones de Paris (closed and demolished)
- Pussycat Ranch - closed and its building demolished
- My Place Bar and Brothel (formerly Irene's Combination Bar; closed and demolished)
- Pussycat Saloon - (closed and demolished)
- Wild West Saloon (closed)
- Villa Joy Brothel (currently closed)
- Calico Club (closed)
Prostitution made illegal in 1978, but several legal brothels operated before then.
- Betty's Coyote Springs Ranch
- Sheri's Ranch (original)
Restricted brothels to Mound House area, east of Carson City, in 1970, forcing brothels in other parts of the county to close.
- Starlight Ranch (1970s – early 1980s)
- Town House Guest Ranch (closed, 1970)
- Desert Dollhouse/The Green Front (operated, 1970s to early 1990s)
- B.J.'s (operated, early 1980s)
- Ash Meadows Sky Ranch (Active fifties through seventies)
Ash Meadows brothel, motel, and dirt airstrip was located a short distance from the small town of Death Valley Junction. The facilities consisted of a small motel, bar, and brothel. The dirt and gravel airstrip was on the southside, running North and South. The North end adjoined the small facility. It was a fairly secluded location in the high desert.
- Red Rooster (operated prior to 1970s)
- Weeping Willow (operated prior to 1970s)
- Vickie's Star Ranch (operated prior to 1970s)
- Bikini's Gentlemen's Club (currently closed) 
- Angel's Ladies (formerly Fran's Star Ranch and Circle C Ranch) closed in August 2014.
- Janie's Ranch, (On Hwy 6. Closed around 1989. Currently demolished)
- Bobbie's Buckeye Bar
- Shady Lady Ranch, south of Scotty's Junction between Nye County Mile Markers 91 and 92 on US95 (closed in 2014) 
- Monterey Bar
- Roadhouse (closed about 1970)
- Mustang Ranch (original, closed 1999) Owed by Joe Conforte. Conforte gained political influence in Storey County and persuaded county officials to pass a brothel-licensing ordinance, which came into effect in 1971.The Nevada Supreme Court upheld the right of a county to legalize prostitution, and several counties followed suit.
- Old Bridge Ranch near Mustang (Closed Summer 2008)
- Julia's Place (19th Century), operated by Julia Bulette
- Triangle River Ranch (1955–1960; reported to have been operating illegally; located at junction of Storey, Washoe, and Lyon Counties; brothel trailers were moved across county boundaries as legal situation dictated)
Brothels were restricted to an area known as "The Stockade", prior to their final closure in 1949. Brothels included:
- The Cottage
- The Willows (closed 1949)
White Pine CountyEdit
- Green Lantern (Closed, circa 2000)
- Big 4 Ranch
- "Nevada Brothel Finder - All Brothels". nevadabrothelfinder.com. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Bella's Hacienda Ranch in Wells, Nv". Bella's Hacienda Ranch, Wells, Nevada. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- https://www.donnasranch.net/. Retrieved 2017-05-02. Missing or empty
- "Donna's Ranch Page". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- MustangRanch. "Mustang Ranch Brothel - You must be at least 18 to enter this site.". www.mustangranchbrothel.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Log In or Sign Up to View". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Stardust Ranch Brothel". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- Wall Street Journal, October 20, 2004, page A12
- ""Speed Racer's" Driving Directions to Nevada's Legal Brothels". Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Speed Racer's LPIN Driving Directions: Winnemucca".
- "Speed Racer's LPIN Driving Directions: Legal Nevada Brothel Website List". Sex-in-nevada.com. 2015-04-10. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "Speed Racer's LPIN Driving Directions: Legal Nevada Brothel List". Sex-in-nevada.com. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Chris Sieroty. "Rural Nevada Residents See Bank, Brothel Closures". Knprnews.org. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Silver State's Brothel Industry Continues To Shrink | Nevada Public Radio". Knprnews.org. 2014-12-03. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "Speed Racer's LPIN Driving Directions: Legal Nevada Brothel List". Sex-in-nevada.com. 2014-12-14. Retrieved 2015-07-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brothels in Nevada.|
- NVBrothels.net (Archived pages, the Internet Archive, August 8, 2003):
- Nevada Brothels Map – Current list of all operating brothels in Nevada and a map with locations.