This is a list of banks in Tanzania whether licensed commercial banks, community banks, microfinance banks, mortgage banks or development banks.
- Absa Bank Tanzania
- AccessBank Tanzania
- Akiba Commercial Bank
- Amana Bank
- Azania Bank
- Bank of Africa Tanzania Limited
- Bank of Baroda Tanzania Limited
- Bank of India (Tanzania)
- Canara Bank Tanzania Limited
- China Dasheng Bank Limited
- Citibank Tanzania
- CRDB Bank
- DCB Commercial Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank Tanzania
- Ecobank Tanzania
- Equity Bank (Tanzania)
- Exim Bank (Tanzania)
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Tanzania) Limited
- Habib African Bank
- I&M Bank (Tanzania)
- International Commercial Bank Tanzania
- KCB Bank Tanzania
- Letshego Bank Tanzania
- Mkombozi Commercial Bank
- Mwalimu Commercial Bank
- National Bank of Commerce (Tanzania)
- National Microfinance Bank
- NCBA Bank Tanzania
- People's Bank of Zanzibar
- Stanbic Bank Tanzania Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank Tanzania
- Tanzania Commercial Bank
- UBA Bank Tanzania (UBA)
- First Housing Company Tanzania Limited
- Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company
Development financial institutionsEdit
- Finca Microfinance Bank (Tanzania)
- Mwanga Hakika Microfinance Bank
- VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank
- Yetu Microfinance Bank PLC
- UOB Global Capital Finance Limited
- ^ Tanzania Invest (9 June 2021). "List of Tanzanian Banks in 2021: As of June 2021". Dar es Salaam: Tanzaniainvest.com. Retrieved 9 June 2021.
- ^ Bank of Tanzania (20 January 2022). "List of Licensed Financial Institutions In Tanzania". Bank of Tanzania. Dar es Salaam. Retrieved 20 January 2022.
- ^ Rugonzibwa, Pius (4 April 2012). "Tanzania: Dar es Salaam Bank Grows To Become Commercial Bank". Tanzania Daily News via AllAfrica.com. Dar es Salaam. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- ^ Kiplagat, Edwin (8 January 2018). "Tanzania licences new commercial bank". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- ^ "Kenya's I&M Bank Buys Stake In Tanzania's CFU Bank". Reuters. 25 January 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- ^ Mbonea, Israel (31 August 2009). "Tanzania: Dar Catholics Launch Bank". East African Business Week via AllAfrica.com. Kampala. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- ^ George Obulutsa and Chizu Nomiyama (27 September 2019). "Kenya Central Allows Merger of Lenders NIC and CBA Groups". Reuters.com. Retrieved 20 January 2022.
- ^ Citizen Reporter (16 May 2018). "Tanzania: Bank of Tanzania Confirms Merging of Two State Owned Banks". The Citizen (Tanzania) via AllAfrica.com. Dar es Salaam. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- ^ Reuters Staff (28 October 2016). "Tanzania's central bank takes over Twiga Bancorp". Reuters. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
|author=has generic name (help)
- ^ Deus Ngowi (22 June 2021). "Tanzania: TPB Now Becomes Tanzania Commercial Bank" (via AllAfrica.com). Tanzania Daily News. Dar es Salaam. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- ^ New Vision (23 November 2008). "UBA To Invest USh360 Billion (US$150 Million) In Kenya". New Vision via AllAfrica.com. Kampala, Uganda. Archived from the original on 7 November 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2022.
- ^ United Bank for Africa Group (28 October 2009). "UBA Tanzania Now Open for Business". United Bank for Africa Group via AllAfrica.com. Lagos, Nigeria. Retrieved 22 July 2022.
- ^ "Tanzania: Farmers Assured of Bank By End of Year". Tanzania Daily News (Dar es Salaam) via AllAfrica.com. 20 October 2013. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- ^ a b Elinaza, Abduel (17 May 2017). "Tanzania: State Pursues Few but Strong Banks Strategy". Tanzania Daily News via AllAfrica.com. Dar es Salaam. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- ^ Daily News Reporter (3 September 2018). "Tanzania: Kilimanjaro Co-Operative Bank Raises Core Capital". Tanzania Daily News via AllAfrica.com. Dar es Salaam. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- ^ "Tanzania See Merger of 3 Banks: Mwanga, Hakika, and EFC". TanzaniaInvest. 26 August 2020. Retrieved 9 June 2021.
- Website of Bank of Tanzania
- Exim Bank Tanzania Plans Merger With First National Bank Tanzania As of 19 January 2020.