List of awards named after Governors General of Canada
This is a list of awards named after Governors General of Canada. It has become a tradition for governors general to establish a trophy, grant, scholarship, or other award in sport, the arts, academia, or professional fields, either during their tenure or just prior to their departure from the office. Viceregal consorts may also create awards, such as the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, named for Evelyn Byng, Viscountess Byng of Vimy; these, however, are not included in this list.
Awards in sportsEdit
Awards in arts and academiaEdit
- List of awards presented by the Governor General of Canada
- Viceregal eponyms in Canada
- Connaught Cup (disambiguation), several named after the Duke of Connaught
- Dufferin Medal
- "Clarkson Cup in limbo over ownership rights". Toronto Star. 31 October 2007. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "The Right Honourable Ramon John Hnatyshyn". www.gg.ca Archives. Governor General of Canada. 30 April 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Coupe Vanier Desjardins 2009 Desjardins Vanier Cup - Guide de Presse / Media Guide" (PDF). Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "History of the Grey Cup". Canadian Football Hall of Fame. Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Museum. 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- Stewart-Candy, Dave (23 April 2014). "The Minto Cup: Before the Juniors". Old School Lacrosse. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Lord Stanley (of Preston)". Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- "Trophies". Royal Canadian Yacht Club. 2009. Archived from the original on 17 March 2012.
- "The Michener Award". The Michener Awards Foundation. The Michener Awards Foundation. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Ottawa Horticultural Society Pictures - OHS Trophies D-F". Ottawa Horticultural Society. Archived from the original on 5 July 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2009.