List of awards honoring women
This list of awards honoring women is an index to articles about notable awards honoring women. It excludes media, science and technology and sports awards, which are covered by separate lists, and it excludes orders of chivalry for women. The list is organized by region and country of the sponsoring organization, but some awards are open to women around the world.
|International||Agent of Change Award||Global Partnerships Forum, United Nations||Champions of gender equality and women’s empowerment|
|International||Florence Nightingale Medal||International Committee of the Red Cross||"Exceptional courage and devotion to the wounded, sick or disabled or to civilian victims of a conflict or disaster" or "exemplary services or a creative and pioneering spirit in the areas of public health or nursing education".|
|International||Millennium Peace Prize for Women||United Nations Development Fund for Women||Efforts to end conflict|
|International||The Medal for the Martyrs||International Veterans and volunteers with the SDF, YPG and YPJ. All coordinated by The Medal for the Martyrs project team.||Presented to the next of kin to the international fighters and volunteers with the Kurdish forces that were killed while in Syria or died as a result of their service in Syria. Members of the Women's Protection Units (YPJ) are also eligible for the medal.|
|International||Women in Business Award||United Nations Conference on Trade and Development||Women who have taken part in the EMPRETEC programme|
|Canada||Governor General's Awards in Commemoration of the Persons Case||Governor General of Canada||Promotion of equality for girls and women in Canada|
|United States||AWM–Microsoft Research Prize in Algebra and Number Theory||Association for Women in Mathematics||Outstanding young female researcher in algebra or number theory|
|United States||Anita Borg Institute Women of Vision Awards||AnitaB.org||Exceptional achievement by women in technology|
|United States||Bennett Prize for Women Figurative Realists||Steven Alan Bennett and Dr. Elaine Melotti Schmidt||Women figurative realist painters|
|United States||Elaine Bennett Research Prize||American Economic Association||Outstanding research in any field of economics by a woman not more than seven years beyond her Ph.D.|
|United States||Ghana Women of Courage Award||United States Department of State||Ghanaian women who have shown leadership, courage, resourcefulness, and willingness to sacrifice for others, especially in promoting women's rights in Ghana|
|United States||Glamour Awards||Glamour (magazine)||Extraordinary and inspirational women from a variety of fields|
|United States||Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing||AnitaB.org, Association for Computing Machinery||Awards for women in computing|
|United States||International Women of Courage Award||United States Department of State||Women around the world who have shown leadership, courage, resourcefulness, and willingness to sacrifice for others, especially in promoting women's rights|
|United States||Joan & Joseph Birman Research Prize in Topology and Geometry||Association for Women in Mathematics||Outstanding young female researcher in topology or geometry|
|United States||Los Angeles Times Women of the Year Silver Cup||Los Angeles Times||Achievements in science, religion, the arts, education and government, community service, entertainment, sports, business, and industry|
|United States||Mary Garber Award||Atlantic Coast Conference||Female athlete who show extraordinary talent throughout the entire season|
|United States||Oregon Women of Achievement||Oregon Commission for Women||Exemplary role models who promote the status of women in society, are committed to diversity and equity and have earned recognition for success and leadership in their fields|
|United States||Remarkable Woman Award||National Association of Women Business Owners||Women who contribute time and talent to their organization and community|
|United States||Ruth I. Michler Memorial Prize||Association for Women in Mathematics||Outstanding research by a female mathematician who has recently earned tenure|
|United States||Sadosky Prize||Association for Women in Mathematics||Outstanding young female researcher in mathematical analysis|
|United States||The DVF Awards||Diller-von Furstenberg Family Foundation||Extraordinary women who are dedicated to transforming the lives of other women|
|United States||Top Ten Professional Women||Marjaree Mason Center||Women based on strides in their professions, service to their communities, and how they have served as positive role models|
|United States||Woman of Courage Award||National Organization for Women||Personal bravery in challenging entrenched power and in carrying out action that has the potential to benefit women in general|
|United States||Woman Rocking the WEB Awards||Women in Ecommerce||Women Who Do Business on the WEB Who are Building Today for a Better Tomorrow|
|Bangladesh||Begum Rokeya Padak||Government of Bangladesh||Individual women for their exceptional achievement|
|India||I Am Woman awards||Karan Gupta Education Foundation and IE Business School||Women overcoming professional and personal challenges|
|India||Nari Shakti Puraskar||President of India||Achievements and contributions of women|
|India||Neerja Bhanot Award||Neerja Bhanot-Pan Am Trust||Woman of India subjected to social injustice, who faces the situation with grit and determination and extends help to other women in similar distress|
|India||Women Transforming India||United Nations||Exceptional women entrepreneurs, who are breaking the glass ceiling and challenging stereotypes|
|Philippines||Order of Gabriela Silang||President of the Philippines||Wives of heads of State and/or of government, both Filipino and foreign|
|Denmark||Tagea Brandt Rejselegat||Tagea Brandt Rejselegat||Women who have made a significant contribution in science, literature or art|
|East Germany||Clara Zetkin Medal||Council of Ministers of East Germany||Outstanding achievements in developing and advancing the country's socialist society|
|France||Femina Cup||Femina (French magazine)||Woman who, by sunset on 31 December each year, had made the longest flight, in time and distance, without landing|
|France||Médaille de la Famille française||Government of France||Those who have successfully raised several children with dignity|
|Germany||Cross of Honour of the German Mother||German Reich||German mother for exceptional merit to the German nation|
|Greece||Order of Beneficence||President of the Hellenic Republic||Distinguished services by women to Greece and in the public sphere|
|Russia||Women's World Award||World Awards||Women who have influenced the world by their work in areas such as society or politics|
|Serbia||Order of the Mother of Jugović||Serbian Orthodox Church||Mothers who have multiple children|
|Soviet Union||Mother Heroine||Soviet Union||For bearing and raising a large family|
|Soviet Union||Order of Maternal Glory||Soviet Union||Mothers bearing and raising seven or more children|
|United Kingdom||100 Women (BBC)||BBC||Series that examines the role of women in the 21st century|
|United Kingdom||Arab Woman of the Year Award||London Arabia Organisation||Achievements made by Arab women across the globe|
|United Kingdom||Max Mara Art Prize for Women||Max Mara, Whitechapel Gallery||Young female artist working in the United Kingdom|
|United Kingdom||Royal Order of Victoria and Albert||Queen Victoria||Female members of the British royal family and female courtiers|
|United Kingdom||Women of the Year Lunch||he Women of the Year Lunch and Awards||Women achievers|
|Australia||Victorian Honour Roll of Women||Victoria (Australia)||Achievements of women from the state of Victoria|
|New Zealand||Kate Sheppard Memorial Trust Award||Kate Sheppard Memorial Award Trust||For further education, study, research or training in areas which are of value in the community of New Zealand|
|New Zealand||New Zealand Women of Influence Award||Westpac, Stuff NZ||Women who make a difference to everyday New Zealanders' lives|
- Lakshmi Puri (September 21, 2016), UN Women recognizes the champions and stalwarts of the gender equality and women’s empowerment movement, UN Women, retrieved 2020-01-23
- "Florence Nightingale Medal". International Committee of the Red Cross. 2003. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "UNIFEM - Millennium Peace Prize for Women - 2001 Peace Prize Recipients". United Nations Development Fund for Women. 2001. Archived from the original on 8 February 2002. Retrieved 5 November 2016.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Women in Business Awards 2018 – finalists announced, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, 6 July 2018, retrieved 2020-01-23
- Status of Women Canada (31 December 2008). "The Governor General's Awards in Commemoration of the Persons Case > Introductory Note". Queen's Printer for Canada. Archived from the original on 6 July 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- AWM-Microsoft Research Prizes : In Algebra and Number Theory, AWM, retrieved 2020-01-23
- Barrett, Jerri (26 May 2011). "Anita Borg Institute Women of Vision Awards: Inspiration for All". ValleyZen. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
- Fine Art Today, "A $50,000 Biennial Prize Recognizing Women Figurative Realist Painters," 12 March 2018. Fine Art Connoisseur, Streamline Publishing Inc., retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "PM Calls for Establishing Equal Rights of males and Females". Bangladesh Awami League. BSS. 9 December 2014. Archived from the original on 25 October 2015. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Equal rights for females must for development". The Daily Star (Bangladesh). 10 December 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Sonam Kapoor awarded the I Am Woman award for 'Neerja'". Youth Incorporated Magazine. April 10, 2016. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Sonam Kapoor receives award for 'Neerja'". DNA Newspaper. April 10, 2016. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Being born as a woman is a huge award: Sushmita Sen". Express Tribune. April 29, 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- "Nari Shakti Puruskars-National Award for Women-Guidelines"]" (PDF). Ministry of Women and Children, Government of India. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Neerja Bhanot Pan Am Trust – Neerja Awards". Neerja Bhanot Pan Am Trust. 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-06-08.
- "Women Transforming India Awards 2016: Celebrating Women Change Makers". NITI Aayog. 2016. Archived from the original on 10 March 2019. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Celebrating Women Change Makers in India: Women Transforming India awards 2016 (PDF). NITI Aayog. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- Executive Order No. 236, s. 2003 Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Denstoredanske.dk The Grand Danish Encyclopedia, Tagea Brandts Rejselegat (in Danish)
- Taschenlexikon Orden und Medaillen - Staatliche Auszeichnungen der DDR, 2nd edition VEB Bibliographisches Institut Leipzig 1983, Author Günter Tautz, Page 14
- Auszeichnungen der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik Bartel/Karpinski, Militärverlag der DDR 1979, Page 150
- Irmgard Weyrather (PD Dr.) (1993). Muttertag und Mutterkreuz: der Kult um die "deutsche Mutter" im Nationalsozialismus (In English: Mother's Day and Mother's Cross: the cult of the "German Mother" in National Socialism). Geschichte; Die Zeit des Nationalsozialismus (English: History; The era of National Socialism) (in German). Frankfurt am Main: Fischer Taschenbuch Verlag. ISBN 978-3-596-11517-4.
- Bendel, Carolin. "Die deutsche Frau und ihre Rolle im Nationalsozialismus (English: The German woman and her role in National Socialism)". Drittes Reich; Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft (English: Third Reich; Economy and Society) (in German). Berlin: Arbeitskreis Shoa.de e.V.
- "100 Women: Who is taking part?". BBC News. 22 October 2013.
- About AWOTY, London Arabia Organisation, retrieved 2020-01-23
- Kizilos, Katherine (9 March 2006). "Laughing in the face of struggle". The Age.
- "katesheppardaward". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- "Women of Influence Awards | Ministry for Women". women.govt.nz. Retrieved 2016-06-03.