List of assets owned by The New York Times Company
- The New York Times
- The New York Times International Edition
- The New York Times International Weekly
- T: The New York Times Style Magazine
- The New York Times Book Review
- The New York Times Magazine
- The New York Times News Service & Syndicate
- Times Books
- T Brand Studio
- The New York Times Idea Lab
- Times Wine Club
- Times Film Club
- Times Journeys
- The New York Times Thought Leadership Conferences
- The New York Times Travel Show
- Live Read
- The School of The New York Times
- The New York Times Store
- Donohue Malbaie, Inc. (49%) with Abitibi-Consolidated
- The New York Times Building (58%) with Forest City Ratner Companies
Investment portfolio as of January 2017:
Regional Media GroupEdit
- The Gadsden Times of Gadsden, Alabama
- The Tuscaloosa News of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Petaluma Argus-Courier of Petaluma, California (weekly)
- The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa, California
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- The Courier of Houma, Louisiana
- The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, Louisiana
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal of Spartanburg, South Carolina
Broadcast Media GroupEdit
- WQEW (1560 AM) licensed to New York, New York, sold to The Walt Disney Company and is now WFME, a Family Radio owned-and-operated station.
- WQXR (96.3 FM) licensed to New York, New York, sold to WNYC Foundation, moved to 105.9 FM and City of License changed to Newark, New Jersey.
- KFOR-TV Channel 4 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- KFSM-TV Channel 5 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, sold to Oak Hill Capital Partners
- WHO-TV Channel 13 in Des Moines, Iowa, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WHNT-TV Channel 19 in Huntsville, Alabama, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WNEP-TV Channel 16 in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WQAD-TV Channel 8 in Moline-Rock Island, Illinois, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WREG-TV Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WTKR-TV Channel 3 in Norfolk, Virginia, sold to Local TV, LLC.
New England Media GroupEdit
- The Boston Globe of Boston, Massachusetts
- Telegram & Gazette of Worcester, Massachusetts
- Metro Boston LLC (49%)
The Globe and the other New England assets were sold to John Henry in August 2013, with the sale taking effect at the end of October. In 2014, Henry sold the Telegram & Gazette to another media group.
- Fenway Sports Group (17.75%, sold in 2012)
- About.com (sold in 2012)
- ConsumerSearch.com (bought by About.com on May 7, 2007 for US$33 million)
- Baseline StudioSystems (sold in 2011)
- "The New York Times Company: Company: Business Units". The New York Times Company. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Kafka, Peter (2016-10-24). "The New York Times is buying The Wirecutter for more than $30 million". Recode. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The New York Times Just Bought A Hot Marketing Company". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The New York Times acquires design studio Fake Love - Design Week". Design Week. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "All the views that are fit to print". The Guardian. 2007-11-05. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "New York Times acquires Abuzz". CNET. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Early Stage Investments | The New York Times Company". www.nytco.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Christine, Haughney (24 September 2012). "Times Company Completes Sale of About.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Team, The Deadline (2011-10-08). "NY Times Sells TV/Movie Database Baseline". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-02-21.