List of anatomical isthmi
In anatomy, isthmus refers to a constriction between organs. This is a list of anatomical isthmi:
- "Isthmus" the mesencephalon (midbrain)-rhombencephalon (hindbrain) boundary.
- Isthmus faucium (Throat)
- Isthmus glandularis or Thyroid isthmus
- Isthmus prostatae (Prostate)
- Isthmus tubae auditivae (Eustachian tube)
- Isthmus tubae uterinae (Fallopian tube)
- Uterine isthmus
- Isthmus urethrae (Urethra)
- Isthmus of the aorta
- Isthmus of the Oviduct
- Isthmus of the Rhombencephalon
- Isthmus of the Corpus Callosum
- Isthmus of the Cingulate Gyrus
- Cavo-tricuspid isthmus of the right atrium of the heart, a body of fibrous tissue in the lower atrium between the inferior vena cava, and the tricuspid valve.