List of Virtual Console games for Wii (Japan)
The following is the complete list of the 659 Virtual Console titles that were available for the Wii in Japan sorted by system and release dates. English translations are highlighted between parenthesis. The final update was on April 9, 2013 as the service has been discontinued in all regions while games are currently being added to the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console and Wii U Virtual Console services.
Nintendo plans to discontinue the Wii Shop Channel. Purchasing of Wii Points for new games ended on March 26, 2018. In addition, the ability to purchase new software ended on January 31, 2019. Re-downloading purchased software is available, however Nintendo announced it will shut that facility down at a later date.
Family Computer / Disk SystemEdit
- Famicom Disk System-exclusive title.
- Famicom Disk System version although originally released also on the Famicom.
102 Super Famicom games were available.
20 Nintendo 64 games were available.
119 PC Engine, CD-ROM², and Super CD-ROM² games were available.
- PC Engine Super CD-ROM² title.
- Live-action movie license-censored western version of Gunhed.
14 Sega Mark III / Master System games were available.
|Hokuto no Ken||Sega||February 26, 2008||B|
|Fantasy Zone||Sega||March 11, 2008||A|
|Super Wonder Boy||Sega||April 8, 2008||A|
|Alex Kidd no Miracle World||Sega||May 13, 2008||A|
|Ashura||Sega||June 3, 2008||B|
|Space Harrier||Sega||July 23, 2008||A|
|Sonic the Hedgehog[a] (not available from March 30, 2012 to October 15, 2013)||Sega||August 5, 2008||A|
|Enduro Racer||Sega||October 21, 2008||A|
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2[a]||Sega||November 18, 2008||A|
|Super Wonder Boy: Monster World||Sega||December 24, 2008||A|
|Fantasy Zone II: Opa-Opa no Namida||Sega||January 13, 2009||A|
|Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars||Sega||February 17, 2009||A|
|Sonic Chaos (Sonic & Tails)[a]||Sega||March 17, 2009||A|
|Phantasy Star||Sega||April 21, 2009||A|
|Sega||May 19, 2009||A|
- Originally unreleased in Japan.
91 Mega Drive games were available.
- Originally unreleased in Japan.
75 Neo Geo games were available.
13 MSX games and 6 MSX2 games were available.
|D4 Enterprise||May 27, 2008||A|
|D4 Enterprise||July 29, 2008||A|
|Road Fighter[b]||Konami||November 24, 2009||A|
|Space Manbow[a]||Konami||November 24, 2009||A|
|Yumetairiku Adventure[a]||Konami||November 24, 2009||A|
|Metal Gear[a]||Konami||December 8, 2009||A|
|Yie-Gah-kōtei no Gyakushū: Yie Ar Kung-Fu 2[b]||Konami||December 8, 2009||A|
|Gradius 2[b]||Konami||December 22, 2009||A|
|Majou Densetsu[b]||Konami||December 22, 2009||A|
|Parodius: Tako wa Chikyū wo Sukū[b]||Konami||January 12, 2010||A|
|Salamander[b]||Konami||January 12, 2010||A|
|Contra[a]||Konami||February 2, 2010||A|
|Quarth[a]||Konami||February 2, 2010||A|
|Gofer no Yabou: Episode II[b]||Konami||March 30, 2010||A|
|Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake[a]||Konami||March 30, 2010||B|
78 arcade games were available.
- There was no update in the week of New Year: January 2, 2007; January 1, 2008; December 30, 2008; December 29, 2009 etc.
- Additional updates have occurred on Fridays during 2007: April 6; August 10 and September 28.
- There was no update in the second week of August every year due to the Obon Festival: August 14, 2007; August 12, 2008 etc.
- Additional updates have occurred on Thursdays: September 20, 2007 (due to the Friday being a holiday) and March 26, 2009.
- Starting from 2009, there is no update during each Golden Week: May 5, 2009; May 4, 2010 and May 3, 2011.
- There was no update on Citizen's Holiday: September 22, 2009.
- Starting from 2010, there are sometimes WiiWare-only or no Wii Shop updates: May 18; August 17; August 24; September 28 etc.