List of Uzbekistani submissions for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film
Uzbekistan submitted a film for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film[nb 1] for the first time in 2019. The award is handed out annually by the United States Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to a feature-length motion picture produced outside the United States that contains primarily non-English dialogue. It was not created until the 1956 Academy Awards, in which a competitive Academy Award of Merit, known as the Best Foreign Language Film Award, was created for non-English speaking films, and has been given annually since.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has invited the film industries of various countries to submit their best film for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film since 1956. The Foreign Language Film Award Committee oversees the process and reviews all the submitted films. Following this, they vote via secret ballot to determine the five nominees for the award. Below is a list of the films that have been submitted by Uzbekistan for review by the Academy for the award by year and the respective Academy Awards ceremony.
|Film title used in nomination||Original title||Language(s)||Director||Result|
|Hot Bread||Issiq non||Uzbek||Umid Khamdamov||Not Nominated|
|2000 Songs of Farida||Faridaning Ikki Ming qo'shig'i||Uzbek||Yalkin Tuychiev||Disqualified|
- "Academy announces rules for 92nd Oscars". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Academy Announces Rule Changes For 92nd Oscars". Forbes. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Uzbekistan announces movies for Oscar nomination". Togri.uz. Archived from the original on 26 September 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Rule Thirteen: Special Rules for the Foreign Language Film Award" (PDF). Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 August 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "History of the Academy Awards - Page 2". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 22 June 2008. Retrieved 21 August 2008.
- Kozlov, Vladimir. "Oscars: Uzbekistan Selects 'Hot Bread' for International Feature Film Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 25 September 2019.
- "O'zbekistondan Oskar mukofotiga "Faridaning ikki ming qo'shig'i" tavsiya etildi". Uz Report. 21 November 2020. Retrieved 21 November 2020.
- "«Faridaning ikki ming qo'shig'i» «Oskar»da qatnashmaydi". Uzreport. Retrieved 11 January 2021.