List of Sahitya Akademi Award winners for Urdu
Sahitya Akademi Award is an annual literary honour, given since 1955, by Sahitya Akademi (India's National Academy of Letters), to writers and their works, for their outstanding contribution to the upliftment of Indian literature. Urdu is one of 24 languages in which the award is given.:
|1955||Zafar Hussain Khan||Maal aur Mashiyat (Philosophical treatise)|
|1956||S. Abid Hussain||Qaumi Tehzib Ka Masala (A survey of Indian culture)|
|1957||K.A. Faruqui||Mir Taqi Mir (Literary criticism)|
|1958||Jigar Moradabadi||Atish-i-Gul (Poetry)|
|1959||Syed Masud Hasan Rizvi||Urdu Drama aur Stage (History of Urdu drama and stage)|
|1960||Firaq Gorakhpuri||Gul-i-Naghma (Poetry)|
|1961||Imtiaz Ali 'Arshi'||Diwan-i-Ghalib (A critical edition of Ghalib's poetry)|
|1962||Akhtar ul Iman||Yadein (Poetry)|
|1963||K.G. Saiyidain||Aandhi Mein Chiragh (Sketches)|
|1964||Anand Narain Mulla||Meri Hadis-e-Umr-e-Gurezan (Poetry)|
|1965||Rajinder Singh Bedi||Ek Chadar Maili Si (Novelette)|
|1967||Qurratulain Hyder||Patjhar Ki Awaz (Short stories)|
|1969||Makhdum Mohiuddin||Bisat-Raqs (Poetry)|
|1970||Hayatullah Ansari||Lahoo Ke Phool (Novel)|
|1971||Rasheed Ahmad Siddiqui||Ghalib ki Shakhsiyat aur Shairi (Literary criticism)|
|1974||Ale Ahmed Suroor||Nazar aur Nazariya (Literary criticism)|
|1975||Kaifi Azmi||Awara Sajde (Poetry)|
|1976||Jan Nisar Akhtar||Khak-e-Dil (Poetry)|
|1978||Yusuf Husain Khan||Hafiz aur Iqbal (Criticism)|
|1979||Gulam Rabbani Taban||Nawa-e-Awara (Poetry)|
|1980||A.A. Ansari||Iqbal Ki Terah Nazmen (Literary criticism)|
|1982||Gyan Chand Jain||Zikr-O-Fikr (Literary criticism)|
|1983||Malik Ram||Tazkirah-e-Muasireen (4th Play) (Biography)|
|1984||Masud Husain Khan||Iqbal Ki Nazari-o-Amali Sheriyat (Criticism)|
|1985||Balraj Komal||Parindon Bhara Asmaan (Poetry)|
|1986||Shamsur Rahman Faruqi||Tanquidi Afkar (Literary criticism)|
|1987||A. M. K. Shahryar||Khwab Ka Dar Band Hai (Poetry)|
|1988||Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah||Aatish-e-Chinar (Autobiography)|
|1989||Surendra Prakash||Baaz Goyi (Short stories)|
|1990||Abdus Samad||Do Gaz Zameen (Novel)|
|1991||Salahuddin Pervez||Identity Card (Novel)|
|1992||Mohammed Alvi||Chautha Aasmaan (Poetry)|
|1993||Ram Lall||Pakheru (Short stories)|
|1994||Mazhar Imam||Pichhle Mausam Ka Phool (Poetry)|
|1995||Gopi Chand Narang||Sakhtiyat, Pas-Sakhtiyat Aur Mashriqi Sheriyat (Literary criticism)|
|1996||Ilyas Ahmad Gaddi||Fire Area (Novel)|
|1997||Gian Singh Shatir||Gian Singh Shatir (Novel)|
|1998||Nida Fazli||Khoya Hua Sa Kuch (Poetry)|
|1999||Bashir Badr||Aas (Poetry)|
|2000||Mohd. Idrees Ambar Bahraichi||Sookhi Tahni Par Hariyal (Poetry)|
|2001||Naiyer Masud||Taoos Chaman Ki Maina (Short stories)|
|2002||Gulzar||Dhuan (Short stories)|
|2003||Syed Muhammad Ashraf||Baad-E-Saba Ka Intizar (Short Stories)|
|2004||Salam Bin Razzaq||Shikasta Buton Ke Darmiyan (Short Stories)|
|2005||Jabir Husain||Ret Per Khema (Memoirs)|
|2006||Makhmoor Saeedi||Rasta Aur Main (Poetry)|
|2007||Wahab Ashrafi||Tareekh-e-Adab-e-Urdu (Criticism)|
|2008||Jayant Parmer||Pencil Aur Doosri Nazmein (Poetry) (Poetry)|
|2009||Abdul Kalam Qasimi||Maasir Tanqidi Rawayyay (criticism)|
|2010||Sheen Kaaf Nizam||Gumshuda Dair ki Ghantiyan (poetry)|
|2011||Khaleel Mamoon||Aafaaq Ki Taraf (Poetry)|
|2012||Krishna Kumar Toor||Ghurfa-i-Ghalib (Poetry)|
|2013||Javed Akhtar||Lava (Poetry)|
|2014||Munawwar Rana||Shahdaba (Poetry) |
|2015||Shamim Tariq||Tasawwuf aur Bhakti (Criticism) |
|2016||Nizam Siddiqui||Mabad-e-Jadidiat Se Naye Ahed Ki Takhliqiyat Tak (Criticism) |
|2017||Mohammed Baig Ehsas||Dukhma (Short story) |
|2018||Rahman Abbas||Rohzin (Novel) |
- Urdu Sahitya Akademi Awards 1955-2007 Archived 2009-09-16 at the Wayback Machine Sahitya Akademi Official website.
- "Akademi Awards (1955-2015)". Sahitya Akademi. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- Mohammed Wajihuddin (4 January 2005). "Why this writer is glum over winning an award". Express India. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- "Sahitya Akademi awards for 7 novelists". The Hindu. 24 December 2008. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 January 2009. Retrieved 5 February 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Poets dominate 2009 Sahitya Akademi Awards". The Hindu. 24 December 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "Poets dominate 2009 Sahitya Akademi Awards" (PDF) (Press release). Sahitya Akademi. 23 December 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Shafey Kidwai (29 December 2010). "Words' Worth". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- "Guha wins it for narrative history". The Hindu. 21 December 2011.
- "POETS DOMINATE SAHITYA AKADEMI AWARDS 2011" (PDF) (Press release). Sahitya Akademi. 21 December 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 May 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Shivaprakash, Thayil bag Sahitya Akademi awards". Deccan Herald. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Poets dominate Sahitya Akademi Awards 2013" Archived 19 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Sahitya Akademi. 2012-12-18. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "Trying to Say Goodbye author Adil Jussawalla wins Sahitya Akademi Award 2014". Hindustan Times. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Sahitya Akademi Awards 2014". Facebook. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Sahitya honour for Dogri, Punjabi writers". Tribune. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "2 city writers bag Sahitya Akademi award". Times of India. 22 December 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "UoH alumnus Baig Ehsas bags Sahitya Akademi Award". Telengana Today. 28 December 2017. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Mohammed Wajihuddin (7 December 2018). "Mumbai Urdu author bags Sahitya Akademi award". Times of India. Retrieved 5 January 2019.