List of Permanent Representatives of the United Kingdom to the European Union
The Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom to the European Union is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative to the European Union, and head of the United Kingdom Representation to the European Union (UKREP). His official title is Her Britannic Majesty's Permanent Representative to the European Union.
|Her Britannic Majesty's Permanent Representative to the European Union|
Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom
|Foreign and Commonwealth Office |
UK Representation to the EU Brussels
|Nominator||The Prime Minister|
|Appointer||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Term length||No fixed term|
|Inaugural holder||Michael Palliser|
List of heads of missionEdit
Permanent Representatives to the European CommunitiesEdit
- 1973–1975: Sir Michael Palliser
- 1975–1979: Sir Donald Maitland
- 1979–1985: Sir Michael Butler
- 1985–1990: Sir David Hannay
- 1990–1992: Sir John Kert
Permanent Representatives to the European UnionEdit
- "UK's ambassador to the EU Sir Ivan Rogers resigns". BBC News. 3 January 2017.
- "Tim Barrow KCMG LVO MBE, UK Permanent Representative to the EU". gov.uk. Retrieved 11 January 2017.