List of New York Mets owners and executives
The New York Mets are a Major League Baseball (MLB) franchise based in Queens, in New York City, New York. They play in the National League East division. In the team's history (1962-), the Mets have employed 12 general managers (GMs). The GM controls player transactions, hiring and firing of the coaching staff, and negotiates with players and agents regarding contracts. The longest-tenured GM is Frank Cashen, who held the position for 11 years (1980–1990).
|Elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum (‡ denotes induction as manager)|
|Member of the New York Mets Hall of Fame|
|6||Frank Cashen§||1980– 1991|||
|7||Al Harazin||1992– 1993|||
|—||Frank Cashen (Interim)||1998|||
|—||John Ricco (Interim)||2010|||
|—||John Ricco (Interim, as part of triumvirate)||2018|||
|—||Omar Minaya (Interim, as part of triumvirate)||2018|||
|—||J. P. Ricciardi (Interim, as part of triumvirate)||2018|||
|13||Brodie Van Wagenen||2018|||
- a #: A running total of the number of Mets' GMs. Thus, any GM who has two or more separate terms is only counted once.
- Assistant GM John Ricco served as interim GM following the dismissal of Minaya on October 4, 2010. He returned to Asst. GM on October 29, when Alderson was hired.
- "Executive Database". Baseball America. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- Schwarz, Alan (December 21, 2005). "2005 General Manager Roundtable". Baseball America. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Baseball Hall of Fame Inductees". Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "Mets Hall of Fame". New York Mets. Retrieved 2009-09-07.