List of Intel manufacturing sites
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of Intel's manufacturing and assembly/test sites. Processors are manufactured in semiconductor fabrication plants ("fabs") which are then sent to assembly and testing sites before delivery to customers. Approximately 75% of Intel's semiconductor fabrication is performed in the USA.
|Fab name||City||Production start year||Process (wafer, node)|
|D1X||Hillsboro, Oregon, USA||2013||300 mm, 14 nm/10 nm|
|D1D||Hillsboro, Oregon, USA||2003||300 mm, 14 nm|
|D1C||Hillsboro, Oregon, USA||2001||300 mm, 22/14 nm|
|Fab 12||Chandler, Arizona, USA||1996||300 mm, 65 nm|
|Fab 32||Chandler, Arizona, USA||2007||300 mm, 22/14 nm|
|Fab 42||Chandler, Arizona, USA||TBD||450 mm,[dubious ] 7 nm|
|Fab 11||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA||1993 (closed)||200 mm, 45/32 nm|
|Fab 11X||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA||1995||300 mm, 45/32 nm|
|Fab 17||Hudson, Massachusetts, USA||1998 (closed)||200 mm, 130 nm|
|Fab 24||Leixlip, Ireland||2006||300 mm, 14 nm|
|Fab 28||Kiryat Gat, Israel||2008||300 mm, 22 nm|
|Fab 68||Dalian, Liaoning, China||2010||300 mm, 65 nm|
|Unknown||Heredia, Belén, Costa Rica||1997||300 mm, 22 nm|
The Intel Fab 3 building is a wafer manufacturing plant located in Livermore, California on North Mines Road. The plant opened in 1972 and began making wafers in April 1973. Fab 3 closed its doors in 1991. It was the first plant outside of the Santa Clara area, and is where the famous Bunny Suits were first introduced.
The Intel Fab 42 building is a wafer manufacturing plant located in Chandler, Arizona which is currently being built. There is a plan to make 7 nm CPUs when the installation zones are completed. Intel intends to spend as much of $7 billion to finalize the construction.[better source needed]
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-03-02. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Fab 42: Our Recent Announcement". intel.com. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Hruska, Joel (13 January 2017). "450mm silicon wafers aren't happening any time soon as major consortium collapses". extremetech.com. ExtremeTech. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "A First Look at Intel's 14nm Fab 42 Manufacturing Facility". tomshardware.co.uk. 25 January 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Intel Global Manufacturing Facts" (PDF). Download.intel.com. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Mass Production at Intel's 14 nanometer Node Begins This Year". techpowerup.com. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Intel Fab 3 - eLivermore.com". elivermore.com. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Intel Fab 42". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Intel 7nm new fabs". anandtech.com. 2017. Retrieved 18 October 2017.