List of Indian state trees
India, officially the Republic of India is a country in South Asia. It is made up of 28 states and 8 union territories. All Indian states have their own government and the Union territories come under the jurisdiction of the Central Government. As most of the other countries India too has a national emblem—the Lion Capital of Sarnath.
Apart from India's national emblem, each of its States and Union Territories have their own state seals and symbols which include state animals, birds, trees, flowers etc. A list of state trees of India is given below. See Symbols of Indian states and territories for a complete list of all State characters and seals.
|Union territory||Common name||Binomial name||Image|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Andaman redwood||Pterocarpus dalbergioides|
|Chandigarh||Mango Tree||Mangifera Indica|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||Not yet designated|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Chinar||Platanus orientalis|
|Ladakh||Not yet designated|
|Lakshadweep||Bread fruit||Artocarpus altilis|
|Puducherry||Bael fruit tree||Aegle marmelos|
- "Coconut palm declared State tree of Goa". The Hindu. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Gujarat forgets state bird, tree and flower". The Times of India. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "Occastional Paper-5, Plant Wealth of The Raj Bhavan, Kolkata" (PDF). Website on The Raj Bhavan, Kolkata from Government of India portal. March 2008. p. 16. Retrieved 23 December 2008.
- "State Symbols of India".
- "State Trees of India". www.bsienvis.nic.in. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- State Animal, Bird, Tree and Flower of Chandigarh (PDF). p. 1.
- Indian state trees
- Official flora and fauna of various states in India On Biodiversity of India wiki
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|