List of French soups and stews
French soups and stewsEdit
- Bouillabaisse – a stew of mixed herbs, fish, and vegetables.
- French onion soup
- Garbure – a thick French soup or stew of ham with cabbage and other vegetables, usually with cheese and stale bread added.
- Lettuce soup
- Oille – a French potée or soup believed to be the forerunner of pot-au-feu composed of various meats and vegetables.
- Ragout fin – its origin in France is not confirmed but the dish is also known in Germany as Würzfleisch, although use of the French name is more common nowadays.
- Ratatouille – a vegetable stew with olive oil, aubergine, courgette, bell pepper, tomato, onion and garlic
- Tourin – a type of French garlic soup
- Vichyssoise – its origins are a subject of debate among culinary historians; Julia Child calls it "an American invention", whereas others observe that "the origin of the soup is questionable in whether it's genuinely French or an American creation".