List of expressways in the Philippines
Expressways in the Philippines are currently composed of 10 controlled-access highways that connect Metro Manila to provinces located in North and South Luzon. While not all expressways are interconnected, there is a plan to connect all of the expressways to form the Philippine expressway network.
Expressways that are in Italic are ongoing projects.
|Image||Status||Length||Description||North end||South end|
||Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway||TPLEx||Partially operational||88.85 km||Links Tarlac City to Rosario, La Union||SCTEx
||North Luzon Expressway||NLEx||Operational||84 km||Links Northern Metro Manila to the provinces of Bulacan and Pampanga|| EDSA
|SCTEx in Clark Freeport Zone|
|Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway||SCTEx||Operational||93.8 km||Links Hermosa, Bataan to Tarlac City||Hermosa
|Muntinlupa–Cavite Expressway||MCX||Operational||4.0 km||Links Bacoor and Muntinlupa||Daang Hari Road
|South Luzon Expressway|
|Skyway/Metro Manila Skyway System||MMSWS||
||31.2 km||Elevated expressway over the South Luzon Expressway|| Gil Puyat Avenue
| Alabang–Zapote Road|
|South Luzon Expressway
||SLEx||Operational||51 km||Links Southern Metro Manila to the provinces of Laguna, Cavite, and Batangas||Quirino Avenue
(Santo Tomas, Batangas)
|Southern Tagalog Arterial Road||STAR Tollway||Operational||42 km||Tollway to Batangas City||SLEx
(Santo Tomas, Batangas)
|Operational||14 km||Links Parañaque, Las Piñas and the province of Cavite|| Roxas Boulevard
| Centennial Road|
|Subic–Tipo Expressway||NLEx Segment 7/
|Operational||8.8 km||Links SCTEx to Olongapo and Subic Freeport Zone||Hermosa
|NLEx-Mindanao Avenue Link
(Circumferential Road 5)
|NLEx Segment 8.1||Operational||2.7 km||Short expressway linking NLEx with C‑5||Mindanao Avenue
|Smart Connect Interchange|
(NLEx-MacArthur Highway Link)
|NLEx Segment 9||Operational||Short expressway linking NLEx to MacArthur Highway||Smart Connect Interchange
|NLEx-Harbor Link||NLEx Segment 10||Operational||Short expressway linking NLEx to Circumferential Road 3||MacArthur Highway
|Circumferential Road 3|
||NAIAEx or NAIAx||Operational||11.6 km||Elevated airport tollway to Ninoy Aquino International Airport||Metro Manila Skyway
|Description||North End||South End||References|
|C-5 South Link Expressway||Under construction||2020||Links Circumferential Road 5 to CAVITEX||Las Piñas||Taguig|||
|Under construction||December 2020||Expressway that would connect the provinces of Cavite and Laguna.
It will also connect CAVITEX to SLEX.
| Manila–Cavite Expressway
|South Luzon Expressway
|Cebu–Cordova Link Expressway||CCLEX||Under construction||2022||First expressway in the Philippines outside Luzon;
Will link Cebu City and Cordova;
third bridge that will connect mainland Cebu to Mactan Island.
Cebu South Road
|Central Luzon Link Expressway||CLLEX||Under construction||January 2020||Future expressway that will link Nueva Ecija to Tarlac||NLEE
(Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija)
|Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3||SLEX–NLEX Connector||
||2020||Stage 3 of the Metro Manila Skyway that will link SLEx to NLEX|||
|North Luzon Expressway Segments 8.1, 8.2, 9, 10 & 10.1||NLEX Harbor Link||
||2019||The 21.65-km extension of the NLEX from Mindanao Avenue to Circumferential Road 3 in Caloocan City and to Commonwealth Avenue.|| MacArthur Highway
|North Luzon Expressway Segment 10.2||NLEX–SLEX Connector Road||Under construction||February 2022||Segment 10.2 of the North Luzon Expressway Phase 2 that will link NLEX to SLEx|||
|North Luzon East Expressway||NLEE||Under construction||2022||Future expressway that will link Quezon City to Bulacan and Nueva Ecija||La Mesa Parkway
|Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway Phase 3||TPLEX||Under construction||June 2019||Phase 3 of the expressway that will link Pangasinan to La Union||Urdaneta
|Southeast Metro Manila Expressway||SEMME||Under construction||August 2020||Future expressway that will link Rizal, cities of Pasig, Taguig, and Quezon City.
Groundbreaking was held on January 8, 2018.
|Batasang Pambansa Complex
- Balintawak Interchange is a two-level cloverleaf interchange in Quezon City, Metro Manila, the Philippines which serves as the junction between Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA) and the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX).
- Magallanes Interchange is a four-level partial turbine interchange in Makati, Metro Manila, the Philippines, serving as the junction between the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and Epifanio de los Santos Avenue
- Sales Interchange, also known as the Nichols Interchange, is a hybrid interchange at the boundary of Pasay and Taguig in Metro Manila, the Philippines. It is composed of a lower partial cloverleaf interchange serving as the junction between the South Luzon Expressway and Andrews Avenue (formerly Sales Road), and an upper T-bone interchange serving as the junction between the Metro Manila Skyway and the NAIA Expressway.
- Smart Connect Interchange, also known as the Mindanao Avenue Interchange and the North Luzon Expressway–Circumferential Road 5 Interchange, is a two-level cloverleaf interchange in Valenzuela, Metro Manila, the Philippines which serves as the junction between Circumferential Road 5 (C-5) and the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX). Built as part of the 2.7-kilometer (1.7 mi) NLEX–Mindanao Avenue Link segment extending the expressway to Mindanao Avenue, which has since been incorporated into the C-5 system, it is the Philippines' largest cloverleaf interchange in terms of land area.
Most of the expressways implement tolls, usually of the closed road and barrier toll systems. On expressways roads using closed road tolling, motorists first get a card or ticket at the entry point and surrender them upon exit. On expressways implementing barrier tolling, toll collection is done at toll plazas on a fixed rate. Some expressways employ a hybrid system that includes both, like the North Luzon Expressway, which uses both barrier ("open system") and closed road tolling.
Electronic toll collection (ETC) is first implemented on the Skyway and South Luzon Expressway, using transponder technology branded E-Pass. ETC systems are implemented by some toll road operators, with inter-running support on other connected expressways. Toll plazas or toll gates have ETC lanes on the leftmost lanes or on "mixed" lanes, that allow cash collection, or both. Latest ETC systems use radio frequency identification (RFID) technology over transponder technology for collection. Having differing ETC systems that are not supported on other roads, a plan for a unified ETC system are promoted for motorists' convenience.
As of April 2011[update], the toll rates by expressway are as follows:
(Cars, Motorcycles, SUVs, Jeepneys)
(Buses, Light Trucks)
|North Luzon Expressway||₱45.00 [Open System (Balintawak-Marilao)]
₱2.66/km [Closed System (Bocaue-Sta.Ines)]
|₱114.00 [Open System (Balintawak-Marilao)]
₱6.66/km [Closed System (Bocaue-Sta.Ines)]
|₱136.00 [Open System (Balintawak-Marilao)]|
₱8.00/km [Closed System (Bocaue-Sta.Ines)]
|Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway||₱3.50/km||₱8.70/km||₱10.50/km|
|Manila–Cavite Expressway||₱8.00 (Kabihasnan)
₱24.00 (Las Piñas)
|₱48.00 (Las Piñas)
|₱72.00 (Las Piñas)|
|NAIA Expressway||₱20.00 (before NAIAX)
|₱40.00 (before NAIAX)
|Metro Manila Skyway||₱164.00 (to & from Alabang/SLEx)
₱118.00 (to & from Sucat/Dr. A. Santos Ave.)
₱72.00 (to & from Bicutan/Doña Soledad)
|₱329.00 (to & from Alabang/SLEx)
₱237.00 (to & from Sucat/Dr. A. Santos Ave.)
₱145.00 (to & from Bicutan/Doña Soledad)
|₱493.00 (to & from Alabang/SLEx)|
₱356.00 (to & from Sucat/Dr. A. Santos Ave.)
₱218.00 (to & from Bicutan/Doña Soledad)
|South Luzon Expressway||₱3.37/km||₱6.74/km||₱10.11/km|
|Name||Operator||Concession holder||Concession starting date||Concession ending date|
|North Luzon Expressway||Tollways Management Corporation[a]||NLEX Corporation[a]||February 2005||December 31, 2037|
|Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway||Q3 2008||October 31, 2043|
|Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway||Private Infra Dev Corporation[b]||October 2013||February 2044|
|Manila–Cavite Expressway||CAVITEX Infrastructure Corporation[a]||1996||2023|
|NAIA Expressway||Vertex Tollways Development, Inc.[b]||2013||2043|
|Muntinlupa–Cavite Expressway||Ayala Corporation||2015||2045|
|Metro Manila Skyway||Skyway Operations and Maintenance Corporation (SOMCo.)[b]||Citra Metro Manila Tollways Corporation[b]||August 24, 1995||2010|
|South Luzon Expressway||Manila Toll Expressway Systems (Alabang–Sto. Tomas)[b]||South Luzon Tollway Corporation (Alabang–Sto. Tomas)[b]||August 2006||March 2038|
|STAR Tollway||STAR Tollway Corporation[b]||STAR Infrastructure Development Corporation[b]||2002||2029|
Luzon Spine Expressway NetworkEdit
The Luzon Spine Expressway Network (LSEN) is a planned network of interconnecting expressways within the main island of Luzon. It is part of the Build! Build! Build! Infrastructure Plan of DuterteNomics.
In addition to the following expressways:
- Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway (TPLEx)
- Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway (SCTEx)
- Subic–Tipo Expressway
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEx)
- NLEx Harbor Link
- Metro Manila Skyway
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEx)
- Muntinlupa–Cavite Expressway (MCX)
- Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR Tollway)
- Manila–Cavite Expressway (CAVITEx)
- NAIA Expressway (NAIAx)
New expressways will be built as well, such as:
- Cavite–Laguna Expressway (CALAEx)
- North Luzon East Expressway (NLEE)
- NLEx Harbor Link (segments 8.2, 10.1, and 11)
- Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway (TPLEx) extension
- Central Luzon Link Expressway (CLLEx)
- Plaridel Bypass Road Phase II
- Southeast Metro Manila Expressway
- Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3
- NLEx–SLEx Connector Road
- SLEx Toll Road 4 and SLEx Toll Road 5 (QUEBEx)
- "Public Private Partnership; Overview; List of PPP Projects". Department of Public Works and Highways. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "C5 South Link Project | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "CAVITE-LAGUNA (CALA) EXPRESSWAY PROJECT | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Construction of Cavite-Laguna Expressway on schedule | Philstar.com". philstar.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "CALAX bridge construction photo". PPP Center. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- Charm, Neil. "MPTC starts work on Cebu-Cordova expressway | BusinessWorld". www.bworldonline.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Ongoing pile works for the 3rd bridge". Sunstar. 2018-10-08. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Metro Pacific starts construction of Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway - Auto Industry News". AutoIndustriya.com. 2018-07-06. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "CENTRAL LUZON LINK EXPRESSWAY (CLLEx) Phase I | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "CENTRAL LUZON LINK EXPRESSWAY (CLLEx) Phase II | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "DPWH begins 2nd phase of Central Luzon Link Expressway - Auto Industry News". AutoIndustriya.com. 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "PH One of the Fastest Growing Construction Markets in the World". Balikbayan Magazine. 2018-09-30. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Metro Manila Skyway (MMS) Stage 3 | PPP CenterPPP Center". ppp.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Skyway Stage 3 ramp opens in Makati City | Philstar.com". philstar.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- Marquez, Consuelo. "Sevilla Bridge closed on Saturday night due to Skyway Stage 3 construction". Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "NLEX HARBOR LINK PROJECT (Segments 8.1, 8.2, 9 & 10) | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- News, ABS-CBN. "NLEX's Segment 9 opens Thursday". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "NLEX–SLEX CONNECTOR ROAD PROJECT | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- Charm, Neil. "Preliminary work on NLEx-SLEx connector road to start by Q4 | BusinessWorld". www.bworldonline.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "North-Luzon East Expressway Project, Stage 1 (La Mesa Parkways Project) | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "NORTH LUZON EXPRESSWAY EAST, PHASE II | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "DOTr break ground on South East Metro Manila Expressway project". CNN Philippines. January 8, 2018. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "METRO MANILA EXPRESSWAY PROJECT (C6) | Department of Public Works and Highways". www.dpwh.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- Camus, Miguel R. "SMC's South East Metro Manila Expressway project begins". Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "San Miguel to start building Southeast Metro Manila Expressway in April". Rappler. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- Admin. "WATCH: Luzon Spine Expressway Network is Duterte's P107-billion traffic decongestion plan". The Summit Express. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
- "SMC's South East Metro Manila Expressway project begins". Inquirer. Retrieved January 8, 2018.