List of Amtrak stations
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of train stations and Thruway Motorcoach stops used by Amtrak (the National Railroad Passenger Corporation in the United States). This list is in alphabetical order by station or stop name, which mostly corresponds to the city in which it is located. If an English Wikipedia page exists for the actual station or stop, a link is included. Some Thruway Motorcoach stops include train stations that are not served by Amtrak trains (and occasionally any trains at all).
All current (and most former) Amtrak train stops (stations) and Thruway Motorcoach stops have a three-letter station code (sometimes also referred to as a city code). These codes do not necessarily correspond with the list of IATA-indexed train stations or the three-character IATA airport codes, although many are the same. Amtrak began using station codes in 1992, so stations closed or removed from all Amtrak service prior to 1992 will not have had a station code assigned. The station code "ENP" is used for "any stop en route, not otherwise specified". If a station code was used by more than one train station, each station is listed. However, if a station code was used for a Thruway Motorcoach stop that has changed locations, only information for the current location (or most recent location, if the stop is no longer in service) is included in the notes, unless one of the locations was an actual train station.
Ridership data and station ownership is from Amtrak's Great American Stations website.[Note 1] The ownership of many stations is shared, with one entity owning one or more of the following: the facility itself, the parking lot, the passenger platform, and the train tracks. In some instances, the owner of the bus station used for a Thruway Motorcoach stop is not the same as the connection service provider.
While many stations do not offer full services (ticketing, baggage, etc.), all train stations, unless otherwise indicated, have an indoor waiting area. Some stations and Thruway Motorcoach stops, as indicated, are conditional or flag stops, with trains only stopping at the station if reservations for a pickup or drop off are made in advance. Some stations, also as indicated, are seasonal with trains or buses stopping only during certain times of the year.
Although Amtrak operations are almost exclusively limited to the United States, there are three exceptions (all of which are in Canada). The first exception includes the six northwesternmost stations (in Ontario) served by the Maple Leaf. (The Maple Leaf is a joint operation between Amtrak and Via Rail Canada.[Note 2] The International Limited was also a joint Via Rail Canada/Amtrak operation before it was discontinued in 2004.) The second exception includes the two northernmost stations (in Quebec) served by the Adirondack and the northernmost station (in British Columbia) served by the Amtrak Cascades. (Both the Adirondack and the Amtrak Cascades are exclusively Amtrak operations.) Each of the aforementioned train stations are identified as a Canadian railway station.[Note 3] The third exception includes the eight Thruway Motorcoach stops in British Columbia.
Among the Amtrak stations are several "tour only" stations which require special reservations with Amtrak for a group (usually twenty or more persons) for the train to stop at that station (such stations include Allensworth State Park and Marceline stations). There are also several "stations" (many of which are not actually train stations at all) which only operate in conjunction with regular special events (such "stations"/events include the Lexington Barbecue Festival, the New York State Fair, and the North Carolina State Fair) and others that are unique to a specific event (for example, the Secaucus Junction station which only was an Amtrak stop for Super Bowl XLVIII).
|Atmore||ATR||Atmore, Alabama||—||2005||Service has been suspended on the Sunset Limited east of New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina destroyed the tracks on August 29, 2005.|
|Bay St. Louis||BAS||Bay St. Louis, Mississippi||—||2005||Service has been suspended on the Sunset Limited east of New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina destroyed the tracks on August 29, 2005.|
|Biloxi||BIX||Biloxi, Mississippi||—||2005||Service has been suspended on the Sunset Limited east of New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina destroyed the tracks on August 29, 2005.|
|Lake City||LEC||Lake City, Florida||—||2005|
|Tacoma Dome||TAC||Tacoma, Washington||—||2017||Intended to replace the Tacoma station as part of the Point Defiance Bypass. The station has been closed for Amtrak use since the 2017 Washington train derailment in DuPont, Washington. Trains have been using the previous Tacoma station.|
|Bath||Bath, Maine||Seasonal-only stop. The station is part of the Downeaster extension to Rockland during the summer.|
|Burlington Union||Burlington, Vermont||Station to open as an extension of the Ethan Allen Express from Rutland to Burlington|
|Geneseo||Geneseo, Illinois||Under construction extension to the Quad Cities.|
|Newcastle||Newcastle, Maine||Seasonal-only stop. The station is part of the Downeaster extension to Rockland during the summer.|
|Middlebury||Middlebury, Vermont||Station to open as an extension of the Ethan Allen Express from Rutland to Burlington|
|Moline||Moline, Illinois||Under construction extension to the Quad Cities.|
|Oakley||Oakley, California||Platform to be built in late 2020 for service on the San Joaquin.|
|Rockland||Rockland, Maine||Seasonal-only stop. The station is part of the Downeaster extension to Rockland during the summer.|
|Vergennes||Vergennes, Vermont||Station to open as an extension of the Ethan Allen Express from Rutland to Burlington|
Thruway Motorcoach stationsEdit
|Abbotsford (ABB)||Abbotsford, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Absecon (ABN)||Absecon, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Alamosa (AMC)||Alamosa, Colorado||Denver|
|Alanson (ALA)||Alanson, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Allegany College (CUA)||Cumberland, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Allentown (AWN)||Allentown, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|West Allentown||Allentown, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Allentown/Lehigh Valley Airport||Allentown, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Alma–DART Terminal (AAM)||Alma, Michigan||Battle Creek|
|Alpena (ALM)||Alpena, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Appleton (APP)||Appleton, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Arcata (ARC)||Arcata, California||Martinez|
|Ashland (AHL)||Ashland, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Astoria (ART)||Astoria, Oregon||Portland|
|Atascadero (ATA)||Atascadero, California||San Jose Diridon|
|Atco (ATO)||Atco, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Atlantic City (ACY)||Atlantic City, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Augusta (AGM)||Augusta, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Baker City (BAK)||Baker City, Oregon||Portland (PDX)|
|Bangor (BAN)||Bangor, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Bath (BAT)||Bath, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Baton Rouge (BTR)||Baton Rouge, Louisiana||New Orleans|
|Bay City (BCY)||Bay City, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Beaver Dam (BVD)||Beaver Dam, Wisconsin||Columbus|
|Beaverton (BVT)||Beaverton, Oregon||Portland|
|Belfast (BFT)||Belfast, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Bend–Hawthorne Intermodal Center (BND)||Bend, Oregon||Chemult|
|Bend–Riverhouse Resort (BDR)||Bend, Oregon||Chemult|
|Berlin (BIN)||Berlin, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Big Rapids (BGP)||Big Rapids, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Biloxi (BIG)||Biloxi, Mississippi||Jackson (JAN)|
|Blacksburg (BLK)||Blacksburg, Virginia||Roanoke|
|Boise (BOI)||Boise, Idaho||Salt Lake City|
|Bradenton (BDT)||Bradenton, Florida||Orlando|
|Brewster (BWW)||Brewster, Washington||Wenatchee|
|Brookings (BKO)||Brookings, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Brunswick–Bowdoin College||Brunswick, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Brunswick–Visitor Center (BRK)||Brunswick, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Bryan (BRY)||Bryan, Texas||Fort Worth|
|Buellton (BUL)||Buellton, California||San Jose Diridon|
|Buena Vista (BUV)||Buena Vista, Colorado||Denver|
|Burns (BNS)||Burns, Oregon||Eugene–Springfield|
|Cabazon (CBZ)||Cabazon, California||Bakersfield|
|Cadillac (CLC)||Cadillac, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Cambridge (CDE)||Cambridge, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Camden/Rockport (CDM)||Camden, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Camp Verde (CVD)||Camp Verde, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Cannon Beach (CBO)||Cannon Beach, Oregon||Portland|
|Carmel (CRM)||Carmel, California||Salinas|
|Cave Junction (CVJ)||Cave Junction, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Charlevoix (CHL)||Charlevoix, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Cheboygan (CHB)||Cheboygan, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Cherry Hill (CRH)||Cherry Hill, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Chewelah (CWL)||Chewelah, Washington||Spokane|
|Chippewa Falls (CHP)||Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Cincinnati (CIG)||Cincinnati, Ohio||Chicago Union Terminal|
|Clare (CLR)||Clare, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Claremont (CLM)||Claremont, California||Bakersfield|
|Clarksburg (CSB)||Clarksburg, West Virginia||Charleston (CHW)|
|Coarsegold (CGD)||Coarsegold, California||Fresno|
|Colfax (CFX)||Colfax, Washington||Spokane|
|Columbus (COL)||Columbus, Ohio||Pittsburgh|
|Colorado Springs (COS)||Colorado Springs, Colorado||Denver|
|Colville (CVL)||Colville, Washington||Spokane|
|Concord (CNH)||Concord, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Conway (CAY)||Conway, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Coos Bay (CBY)||Coos Bay, Oregon||Eugene–Springfield|
|Crater Lake (CLK)||Crater Lake, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Crescent City (CRC)||Crescent City, California||Klamath Falls|
|Dade City (DDE)||Dade City, Florida||Jacksonville|
|Dallas (DAG)||Dallas, Texas||Meridian|
|Damariscotta (DAM)||Damariscotta, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Danville (DVI)||Danville, Illinois||Indianapolis|
|Davenport (DVP)||Davenport, Iowa||Indianapolis|
|Daytona Beach (DYA)||Daytona Beach, Florida||DeLand|
|Deer Park (DPK)||Deer Park, Washington||Spokane|
|Discovery Bay (DBY)||Discovery Bay, Washington||Seattle|
|Discovery Kingdom (VMW)||Vallejo, California||Martinez|
|Dover (DVR)||Dover, Delaware||Wilmington|
|Dublin–Pleasanton (DBP)||Pleasanton, California||San Jose|
|Duluth–Jefferson Lines Station (DUL)||Duluth, Minnesota||St. Paul Union Station|
|Duluth–University of Minnesota Student Union (DUU)||Duluth, Minnesota||St. Paul Union Station|
|Dunkirk (DUK)||Dunkirk, New York||Buffalo–Exchange Street|
|Easton (ESN)||Easton, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Eau Claire (EUC)||Eau Claire, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Ebensburg (EBN)||Ebensburg, Pennsylvania||Harrisburg|
|Egg Harbor City (EGH)||Egg Harbor City, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Elk Grove (EKG)||Elk Grove, California||Redding|
|El Paso (ELB)||El Paso, Texas||Albuquerque|
|El Portal (EPL)||El Portal, California||Merced|
|El Segundo (ESG)||El Segundo, California||Bakersfield|
|Elsie (ELS)||Elsie, Oregon||Portland|
|Escanaba (EMI)||Escanaba, Michigan||Milwaukee|
|Eureka (EKA)||Eureka, California||Martinez|
|Fairmont (FRM)||Fairmont, West Virginia||Charleston (CHW)|
|Fairplay (FRP)||Fairplay, Colorado||Denver|
|Fillmore (FIL)||Fillmore, California||Bakersfield|
|Fish Camp (FSH)||Fish Camp, California||Fresno|
|Flagstaff (FGG)||Flagstaff, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Florence (FRO)||Florence, Oregon||Eugene–Springfield|
|Fond du Lac (FDL)||Fond du Lac, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Fort Hood (FHD)||Fort Hood, Texas||Temple|
|Fort Myers (FTM)||Fort Myers, Florida||Orlando|
|Fortuna (FTA)||Fortuna, California||Martinez|
|Foxwoods Resort Casino (FOX)||Stonington, Connecticut||New London|
|Frederick–Airport (FRR)||Frederick, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Frederick–Transit Center (FRC)||Frederick, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Fredonia (FDN)||Fredonia, New York||Buffalo–Exchange Street|
|Frisco (FSC)||Frisco, Colorado||Denver|
|Frostburg (FSB)||Frostburg, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Gainesville (GNF)||Gainesville, Florida||Jacksonville|
|Galveston (GLS)||Galveston, Texas||Longview|
|Garberville (GBV)||Garberville, California||Martinez|
|Gary (GRY)||Gary, Indiana||Chicago Union Station|
|Gaylord (GYL)||Gaylord, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Gearhart (GHT)||Gearhart, Oregon||Portland|
|Gilroy (GLY)||Gilroy, California||Salinas|
|Gold Hill (GHL)||Gold Hill, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Goldsboro (GBO)||Goldsboro, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Goshen Junction (GSN)||Goshen, California||Hanford|
|Grand Canyon–Maswick Lodge (GCB)||Grand Canyon Village, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Grand Canyon–Rail Station (GCN)||Grand Canyon Village, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Grangeville (GVI)||Grangeville, Idaho||Spokane|
|Grants Pass (GTP)||Grants Pass, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Grantsville (GTV)||Grantsville, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Grayling (GYG)||Grayling, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Green Bay (GBY)||Green Bay, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Greensburg–Westmoreland Transportation Center (GNG)||Greensburg, Pennsylvania||Harrisburg|
|Greenville (GRN)||Greenville, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Gunnison–Bus Station (GUN)||Gunnison, Colorado||Denver|
|Gunnison–Western State University (GNW)||Gunnison, Colorado||Denver|
|Hagerstown (HAG)||Hagerstown, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Hammonton (HTN)||Hammonton, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Hancock (HNK)||Hancock, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Hancock (HKM)||Hancock, Michigan||Milwaukee|
|Hancock||Hancock, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Hattiesburg (HBI)||Hattiesburg, Mississippi||Jackson (JAN)|
|Havelock (HVL)||Havelock, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Healdsburg (HEA)||Healdsburg, California||Martinez|
|Hemet (HET)||Hemet, California||Bakersfield|
|Hood River (HOO)||Hood River, Oregon||Portland (PDX)|
|Houghton (HGH)||Houghton, Michigan||Milwaukee|
|Houghton Lake (HGL)||Houghton Lake, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Howard City (HWC)||Howard City, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Indio (IDO)||Indio, California||Bakersfield|
|Jacksonville (JNC)||Jacksonville, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Jamestown (JMN)||Jamestown, New York||Buffalo–Exchange Street|
|Janesville (JVL)||Janesville, Wisconsin||Chicago Union Station|
|Kent Island (KNT)||Kent Island, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Kettle Falls (KTF)||Kettle Falls, Washington||Spokane|
|Kettleman City (KTC)||Kettleman City, California||Hanford|
|Killeen (KIL)||Killeen, Texas||Temple|
|Killington (KLT)||Killington, Vermont||Rutland|
|King City (KGC)||King City, California||San Jose Diridon|
|Kingsley (KGS)||Kingsley, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Kingston (KGT)||Kingston, Washington||Seattle|
|Kinston (KNC)||Kinston, North Carolina||Wilson|
|La Crescenta (LCA)||La Crescenta, California||Bakersfield|
|La Grande (LAE)||La Grande, Oregon||Portland (PDX)|
|Lake Placid (LPD)||Lake Placid, New York||Westport|
|Lancaster (LCS)||Lancaster, California||Bakersfield|
|L'Anse (LAN)||L'Anse, Michigan||Milwaukee|
|La Pine (LPN)||La Pine, Oregon||Chemult|
|La Quinta (LQT)||La Quinta, California||Bakersfield|
|Las Cruces (LCR)||Las Cruces, New Mexico||Albuquerque|
|Las Vegas (LVS)||Las Vegas, Nevada||Bakersfield|
Salt Lake City
|Las Vegas–McCarran International Airport (LVT)||Las Vegas, Nevada||Kingman|
|Lathrop–Manteca (LTM)||Lathrop, California||San Jose|
|Latrobe–Regional Airport (LTB)||Latrobe, Pennsylvania||Harrisburg|
|Laughlin (LNV)||Laughlin, Nevada||Kingman|
|Laytonville (LTV)||Laytonville, California||Martinez|
|Leggett (LEG)||Leggett, California||Martinez|
|Lemoore–Chamber of Commerce (LMC)||Lemoore, California||Hanford|
|Lemoore–Naval Air Station (LMN)||Lemoore, California||Hanford|
|Lewiston (LWN)||Lewiston, Idaho||Spokane|
|Lewistown (LWB)||Lewistown, Pennsylvania||Harrisburg|
|Lincoln (LNN)||Lincoln, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Lincolnville (LCV)||Lincolnville, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Lindenwold (LDW)||Lindenwold, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Littlerock (LTR)||Littlerock, California||Bakersfield|
|Littleton (LTL)||Littleton, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Livermore (LIV)||Livermore, California||San Jose|
|Livermore–Transit Center (LIV)||Livermore, California||San Jose|
|Livermore–Vasco Road (VAS)||Livermore, California||San Jose|
|Lompoc–Visitors Center (LOM)||Lompoc, California||San Jose Diridon|
|London (LOB)||London, Ontario||Chicago|
|Long Beach (LBC)||Long Beach, California||Los Angeles Union|
|Loon Lake (LLK)||Loon Lake, Washington||Spokane|
|Los Alamos–Hampton Inn (LOH)||Los Alamos, New Mexico||Lamy|
|Los Alamos–Visitors Center (LOS)||Los Alamos, New Mexico||Lamy|
|Louisville (LVL)||Louisville, Kentucky||Chicago Union Station|
|Mackinaw City (MAK)||Mackinaw City, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Madison–Chazen Museum of Art (MSN)||Madison, Wisconsin||Chicago Union Station|
|Madison–Dutch Mill Park & Ride West Lot (SMD)||Madison, Wisconsin||Chicago Union Station|
|Manchester (MHT)||Manchester, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Manitowoc (MTC)||Manitowoc, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Manton (MTO)||Manton, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Marinette (MWI)||Marinette, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Mariposa–Midtown (MRM)||Mariposa, California||Merced|
|Mariposa–Park & Ride (MRP)||Mariposa, California||Merced|
|Marquette (MQT)||Marquette, Michigan||Milwaukee|
|Marysville (MRV)||Marysville, California||Redding|
|McCall (MCA)||McCall, Idaho||Spokane|
|McKinleyville (MKV)||McKinleyville, California||Martinez|
|Medford (MFR)||Medford, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|Menomonie (MNM)||Menomonie, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Mesquite (MSQ)||Mesquite, Texas||Meridian|
|Midpines (MDP)||Midpines, California||Merced|
|Mobile (MOG)||Mobile, Alabama||Jackson (JAN)|
|Moffat (MFT)||Moffat, Colorado||Denver|
|Movaje (MOJ)||Mojave, California||Bakersfield|
|Moline (MLI)||Moline, Illinois||Indianapolis|
|Monroe (MEE/MEW)||Monroe, Washington||Seattle|
|Monterey–Hyatt Regency (MYH)||Monterey, California||Salinas|
|Monterey–Marriott (MYM)||Monterey, California||Salinas|
|Monterey–Monterey Bay Aquarium (MYA)||Monterey, California||Salinas|
|Monterey–Transit Plaza (MRY)||Monterey, California||Salinas|
|Monterey–Travelodge (MYT)||Monterey, California||Salinas|
|Montgomery (MGM)||Montgomery, Alabama||New Orleans|
|Morehead City (MHD)||Morehead City, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Moreno Valley (MOV)||Moreno Valley, California||Bakersfield|
|Morgan Hill (MHC)||Morgan Hill, California||Salinas|
|Morgantown–WVU Health Sciences Campus (MGU)||Morgantown, West Virginia||Charleston (CHW)|
|Morgantown–West (WGW)||Morgantown, West Virginia||Charleston (CHW)|
|Moscow (MOC)||Moscow, Idaho||Spokane|
|Moses Lake (MLK)||Moses Lake, Washington||Seattle|
|Mount Clemens||Mount Clemens, Michigan||Detroit|
|Mount Pleasant (MPT)||Mount Pleasant, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Nacogdoches (NCG)||Nacogdoches, Texas||Longview|
|Nampa (NAM)||Nampa, Idaho||Portland (PDX)|
|Napa (NAP)||Napa, California||Martinez|
|Nashua (NSH)||Nashua, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Nashville (NVL)||Nashville, Tennessee||Chicago Union Station|
|Necanicum Junction (NCM)||Necanicum, Oregon||Portland|
|New Baltimore||New Baltimore, Michigan||Detroit|
|New Bern (NBR)||New Bern, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Newburyport (NBT)||Newburyport, Massachusetts||Boston South|
|New Hampton||New Hampton, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|North Conway (NCW)||North Conway, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Oakhurst (OAH)||Oakhurst, California||Fresno|
|Ocala (OCA)||Ocala, Florida||Jacksonville|
|Ocean City (OCM)||Ocean City, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Ocean Pines (OCP)||Ocean Pines, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Oconto (OCO)||Oconto, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Ogden (OGD)||Ogden, Utah||Salt Lake City|
|Okanogan (OGW)||Okanogan, Washington||Wenatchee|
|Omak (OMW)||Omak, Washington||Wenatchee|
|Ontario (ONT)||Ontario, Oregon||Portland (PDX)|
|Orono (ORO)||Orono, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Oroville (ORV)||Oroville, California||Redding|
|Oshkosh–University of Wisconsin (OSU)||Oshkosh, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Oshkosh–Wittman Regional Airport (OSH)||Oshkosh, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Owosso (OWO)||Owosso, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Palmdale (PMD)||Palmdale, California||Bakersfield|
|Palm Desert (PDC)||Palm Desert, California||Bakersfield|
|Palm Springs–Airport (PSP)||Palm Springs, California||Bakersfield|
|Palm Springs–Downtown (PSS)||Palm Springs, California||Bakersfield|
|Pasadena (PAS)||Pasadena, California||Bakersfield|
|Pateros (PTE)||Pateros, Washington||Wenatchee|
|Pellston (PST)||Pellston, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Pemberton (PBT)||Pemberton, British Columbia||Vancouver|
|Pendleton (PEN)||Pendleton, Oregon||Portland (PDX)|
|Pennsauken (PNK)||Pennsauken, New Jersey||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Peoria (PIA)||Peoria, Illinois||Indianapolis|
|Perris (PDC)||Perris, California||Bakersfield|
|Petaluma (PTC)||Petaluma, California||Martinez|
|Petoskey (PSK)||Petoskey, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Phoenix–Greyhound Station (PHG)||Phoenix, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Phoenix–Metro Center Transit Station (PXN)||Phoenix, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Phoenix–Sky Harbor International Airport (PHA)||Phoenix, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Pine (PJT)||Pine, Colorado||Denver|
|Pittsburgh–Grant Street Transportation Center (PGB)||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||Harrisburg|
|Placerville (PCV)||Placerville, California||Sacramento|
|Plymouth (PMO)||Plymouth, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Poncha Springs (PSG)||Poncha Springs, Colorado||Denver|
|Port Angeles (PRA)||Port Angeles, Washington||Seattle|
|Port Charlotte (PCH)||Port Charlotte, Florida||Orlando|
|Portland (PDG)||Portland, Oregon||Portland|
|Portsmouth (PTS)||Portsmouth, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Port Townsend (PTO)||Kingston, Washington||Seattle|
|Prairie View (PVW)||Prairie View, Texas||Fort Worth|
|Provo (PRO)||Provo, Utah||Salt Lake City|
|Prunedale (PDL)||Prunedale, California||Salinas|
|Pueblo (PUB)||Pueblo, Colorado||Denver|
|Pullman (PUL)||Pullman, Washington||Spokane|
|Quakertown (QKR)||Quakertown, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Quincy (QUC)||Quincy, Washington||Seattle|
|Red Bluff (RBF)||Red Bluff, California||Redding|
|Redmond Airport (RDM)||Redmond, Oregon||Chemult|
|Reed City (REE)||Reed City, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Reedsport (RPT)||Reedsport, Oregon||Eugene–Springfield|
|Richmond (RBC)||Richmond, British Columbia||Seattle King Street|
Vancouver Pacific Central Station
|Rio Dell–Scotia (RDS)||Rio Dell, California||Martinez|
|Ritzville (RTZ)||Ritzville, Washington||Seattle|
|Rochester (RMN)||Rochester, Minnesota||St. Paul Union Station|
|Rockford (RCK)||Rockford, Illinois||Chicago Union Station|
|Rockford (RKF)||Rockford, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Rock Island (RKI)||Rock Island, Illinois||Indianapolis|
|Rockland (ROD)||Rockland, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Rohnert Park (RPC)||Rohnert Park, California||Martinez|
|Saginaw (SGW)||Saginaw, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Salem (SLG)||Salem, Oregon||Seattle|
|Salida (SLD)||Salida, Colorado||Denver|
|Salinas (SNR)||Salinas, California||San Jose Diridon|
|Salisbury–Riverside Drive (SLS)||Salisbury, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Salisbury–Tri-County Way (SLY)||Salisbury, Maryland||BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport|
|Salt Lake City (SLB)||Salt Lake City, Utah||Salt Lake City|
|San Francisco–Financial District (SFF)||San Francisco, California||Emeryville|
|San Francisco–Fisherman's Wharf (SFW)||San Francisco, California||Emeryville|
|San Francisco–Shopping Center (SFS)||San Francisco, California||Emeryville|
|San Francisco–Transbay Terminal (SFC)||San Francisco, California||Emeryville|
|San Luis Obispo–Cal Poly (SLP)||San Luis Obispo, California||San Jose Diridon|
|San Pedro–Catalina Terminal (SPD)||San Pedro, California||Los Angeles Union|
|San Pedro–Library (SPO)||San Pedro, California||Los Angeles Union|
|Santa Barbara–University of California at Santa Barbara (SBU)||Santa Barbara, California||San Jose Diridon|
|Santa Clarita–Newhall (NHL)||Santa Clarita, California||Bakersfield|
Los Angeles Union
|Santa Cruz (SCZ)||Santa Cruz, California||San Jose|
|Santa Fe (SAF)||Santa Fe, New Mexico||Lamy|
|Santa Fe–Four Seasons Resort (SAE)||Santa Fe, New Mexico||Lamy|
|Santa Maria (SAT)||Santa Maria, California||San Jose Diridon|
|Santa Paula (SAP)||Santa Paula, California||Bakersfield|
|Sarasota (SRA)||Sarasota, Florida||Orlando|
|Sault Ste. Marie (SMI)||Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Scotts Valley (SVY)||Scotts Valley, California||San Jose|
|Scranton (SRN)||Scranton, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Searsport (SRT)||Searsport, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Seaside (SES)||Seaside, California||Salinas|
|Seaside–North (SSH)||Seaside, Oregon||Portland|
|Seaside–South (SSD)||Seaside, Oregon||Portland|
|Sedona (SDC)||Sedona, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Sequim (SQM)||Sequim, Washington||Seattle|
|Shawano (SHW)||Shawano, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Sheboygan (SHB)||Sheboygan, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Shreveport–Greyhound Station (SHG)||Shreveport, Louisiana||Meridian|
|Shreveport–SporTran Intermodal Facility (SHR)||Shreveport, Louisiana||Meridian|
|Sisters (STO)||Sisters, Oregon||Eugene–Springfield|
|Skykomish (SKE/SKW)||Skykomish, Washington||Seattle|
|Smith River (SMR)||Smith River, California||Klamath Falls|
|Solvang (SLV)||Solvang, California||San Jose Diridon|
|South Beloit (BET)||South Beloit, Illinois||Chicago Union Station|
|South Lake Tahoe (SLT)||South Lake Tahoe, California||Sacramento|
|Sparks (SPX)||Sparks, Nevada||Sacramento|
|Squamish-North Garibaldi (GBC)||Squamish, British Columbia||Vancouver|
|Stanley (SNY)||Stanley, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|State College (STC)||State College, Pennsylvania||Harrisburg|
|Stateline (SLH)||Stateline, California||Sacramento|
|Stateline (SLN)||Stateline, Nevada||Sacramento|
|Stevens Pass (SSW)||Stevens Pass, Washington||Seattle|
|Stevens Point–Olympia Restaurant (SVP)||Stevens Point, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Stevens Point–University of Wisconsin (SVU)||Stevens Point, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|St. George (STG)||St. George, Utah||Salt Lake City|
|St. Ignace (STI)||St. Ignace, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|St. Petersburg–Pinellas Park (STP)||St. Petersburg, Florida||Orlando|
|Sun City–Menifee (SUT)||Sun City, California||Bakersfield|
|Sunriver (SUN)||Sunriver, Oregon||Chemult|
|Surrey (SUY)||Surrey, British Columbia||Seattle King Street|
Vancouver Pacific Central Station
|Sutton–Flatwoods (SUW)||Sutton, West Virginia||Charleston (CHW)|
|Tawas City (TWC)||Tawas City, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Tehachapi (TEH)||Tehachapi, California||Bakersfield|
|The Dalles (THD)||The Dalles, Oregon||Portland (PDX)|
|The Villages (TVF)||The Villages, Florida||Jacksonville|
|Tilton (TLT)||Tilton, New Hampshire||Boston South|
|Toronto (TCT)||Toronto, Ontario||Chicago|
|Torrance (TOA)||Torrance, California||Bakersfield|
|Tracy–ACE Station (TRC)||Tracy, California||San Jose|
|Tracy–Wendy's Restaurant (TRA)||Tracy, California||San Jose|
|Traverse City (TRV)||Traverse City, Michigan||Kalamazoo|
|Trotwood–Dayton (DAT)||Trotwood, Ohio||Pittsburgh|
|Tusayan (TSY)||Tusayan, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Twin Falls (TFI)||Twin Falls, Idaho||Salt Lake City|
|Tyler (TYL)||Tyler, Texas||Meridian|
|Ukiah (UKH)||Ukiah, California||Martinez|
|University of Oregon–Eugene||Eugene, Oregon||Seattle|
|Vail (VAI)||Vail, Colorado||Denver|
|Vale (VAE)||Vale, Oregon||Eugene–Springfield|
|Vallejo (VAL)||Vallejo, California||Martinez|
|Vicksburg (VKS)||Vicksburg, Mississippi||Meridian|
|Victoria (VBC)||Victoria, British Columbia||Vancouver|
|Visalia (VIS)||Visalia, California||Hanford|
|Waco (WCX)||Waco, Texas||Fort Worth|
|Waldo (WDO)||Waldo, Florida||Jacksonville|
|Waldoboro (WDR)||Waldoboro, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Walla Walla (WWA)||Walla Walla, Washington||Pasco|
|Warrenton (WNT)||Warrenton, Oregon||Portland|
|Waupaca (WAU)||Waupaca, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Waupun (WPN)||Waupun, Wisconsin||Columbus|
|Wausau–Rothschild (WSU)||Rothschild, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Wausau–Transit Center (WSJ)||Wausau, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Wawona Store||Yosemite National Park||Fresno|
|Westchester (WCH)||Westchester, California||Bakersfield|
|Westfield (WSF)||Westfield, Wisconsin||Portage|
|Westwood–UCLA (WES)||Torrance, California||Bakersfield|
|Whistler Village (WSL)||Whistler, British Columbia||Vancouver|
|White City (WCT)||White City, Oregon||Klamath Falls|
|White Haven (WHV)||White Haven, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Wichita (WIC)||Wichita, Kansas||Newton|
|Wildwood (WWD)||Wildwood, Florida||Jacksonville|
|Wilkes-Barre (WKB)||Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania||Philadelphia–30th Street|
|Williams–Grand Canyon Railway Depot (WMA)||Williams, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Williams–Holiday Inn Express (WMH)||Williams, Arizona||Flagstaff|
|Willits (WTS)||Willits, California||Martinez|
|Wilmington (WMN)||Wilmington, North Carolina||Wilson|
|Windsor (WNO)||Windsor, Ontario||Chicago|
|Winston-Salem (WNS)||Winston-Salem, North Carolina||High Point|
|Winston-Salem State University (UWS)||Winston-Salem, North Carolina||High Point|
|Wiscasset (WST)||Wiscasset, Maine||Portland (POR)|
|Wisconsin Rapids (WIR)||Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Wittenberg (WIT)||Wittenberg, Wisconsin||Milwaukee|
|Woodburn (WBN)||Woodburn, Oregon||Portland|
|Yosemite National Park–Crane Flat (YOF)||Yosemite National Park||Merced|
|Yosemite National Park–Half Dome Village (YOC)||Yosemite National Park||Merced|
|Yosemite National Park–Ahwahnee Hotel (YOA)||Yosemite National Park||Merced|
|Yosemite National Park–Tuolumne Meadows Visitors Center (YOT)||Yosemite National Park||Merced|
|Yosemite National Park–Visitors Center (YOV)||Yosemite National Park||Fresno|
|Yosemite National Park–White Wolfe Lodge (YOW)||Yosemite National Park||Merced|
|Yosemite National Park–Yosemite Valley Lodge (YOS)||Yosemite National Park||Merced|
- Each station located in Canada is identified as a Canadian railway station. However, since the Maple Leaf is a joint operation between Amtrak and Via Rail Canada, no ridership data is available for the stations where it stops in Canada.
- Via Rail is Canada's equivalent of Amtrak. Its formation was patterned after Amtrak.
- A Canadian railway station (a station which is located in Canada) should not be confused with a station owned (or partially owned) by the Canadian National Railway or the Canadian Pacific Railway. The Canadian National Railway is a publicly traded Canadian company (headquartered in Montreal, Quebec) that also operates in the Midwestern and Southern United States. The Canadian Pacific Railway is also a publicly traded Canadian company (headquartered in Calgary, Alberta) that operates in the Midwestern and Northeastern United States.
- Orzoco, Michael Anthony (2012). Images of America: Alhambra. Mount Pleasant, South Carolina: Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 9780738576077.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Sanders, Craig (2006). Amtrak in the Heartland. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press. ISBN 9780253027931.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Amtrak (April 5, 1992). "Amtrak National Timetable: Spring/Summer 1992". timetables.org. The Museum of Railway Timetables. p. 6. Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- Amtrak (October 25, 1992). "Amtrak System Train Timetables". timetables.org. The Museum of Railway Timetables. p. 6. Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- "Revitalizing America's Train Stations". greatamericanstations.com. Amtrak. Archived from the original on February 24, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Via Rail an astounding history". www.viarail.ca. Via Rail Canada. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- "Amtrak Begins Service to Albany". The Albany Democrat-Herald. Albany, Oregon. October 29, 1977. p. 1. Retrieved October 30, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Penn-Central to Open New Rensselaer Station Dec. 29". The Times-Record. Troy, New York. December 20, 1968. p. 3. Retrieved June 23, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Alderson, WV, station". Great American Stations. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- Al Cox (1996). "The Alexandria Union Station" (PDF). Historic Alexandria Quarterly. Vol. 1 no. 1. Office of Historic Alexandria.
- "Southern Will Begin Use of New Station Shortly After Noon". The Selma Times-Journal. September 26, 1926. p. 6. Retrieved July 4, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Peachtree Station Will Open March 17 for Public Service". The Atlanta Constitution. March 7, 1918. p. 1. Retrieved July 4, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Travel Advisory; Amtrak Resumes Seattle-Vancouver Run". The New York Times. June 11, 1995. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- "Amtrak Timetable Changes - Effective October 1, 1981". timetables.org. Amtrak. October 1, 1981. p. 6. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- Cox, Jim (2011). Rails Across Dixie: A History of Passenger Trains in the American South. Jefferson, NC: McFarland. ISBN 9780786445288. OCLC 609716000. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- "Brattleboro, VT (BRA)". Great American Stations. Amtrak.
- Sanders 2006, p. 172.
- "New Buffalo Station". Amtrak NEWS. 6 (12): 6–7. November 1979. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- "New Union Station in Burlington". The Des Moines Tribune. March 28, 1944. p. 9. Retrieved July 1, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Set to Open BWI Rail Station Linking Airport to D.C., Baltimore". The Baltimore Sun. October 19, 1980. p. 19. Retrieved November 20, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Ethan Allen Express to Provide Service at Renovated Castleton, Vermont Depot" (PDF) (Press release). Amtrak. December 29, 2009. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- "Transportation World Watches New Cincinnati Union Terminal Opening". The Piqua Daily Call. Piqua, Ohio. March 29, 1933. p. 8. Retrieved October 28, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Train Station Moving". The Cincinnati Enquirer. July 13, 1991. p. 12. Retrieved October 24, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Adds Stop at Connersville". The Indianapolis Star. October 28, 1990. p. 93. Retrieved October 24, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Cullen, Kevin (September 30, 1981). "Crawfordsville's Back on the Passenger Rail". Journal and Courier. Lafayette, Indiana. p. 6. Retrieved October 24, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "New G.N. Depot at Cut Bank". The Great Falls Tribune. December 17, 1939. p. 3. Retrieved January 4, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- Lawrence, Eric D. (December 10, 2014). "First train pulls out of new Dearborn Amtrak station". The Detroit Free Press. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- Morrissey, Siobhan (April 2, 1995). "Last Train Leaves Delray Depot". The Palm Beach Post. p. 2B. Retrieved June 28, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Denmark Station Stop (Amtrak NEWS)". Amtrak History & Archives. November 1978. Retrieved December 27, 2019.
- "Detroit, MI (DET)". The Great American Stations. Amtrak. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Sanders 2006, pp. 152–153.
- "Historic Inn to Receive Rail Service". The Spokesman-Review. Spokane, Washington. March 10, 1985. p. 35. Retrieved October 19, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Essex Inn Amtrak Flag Stop". The Independent-Record. Helena, Montana. November 12, 1985. p. 11. Retrieved October 19, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "First Ticket Sold in New CV Station in Essex Junction". The Burlington Free Press. August 12, 1959. p. 11. Retrieved July 2, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Rail Bond Issue Campaign Begins". The Daily Messenger. Canandaigua, New York. August 5, 1974. p. 2. Retrieved June 23, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Timetable - Effective February 17, 1985". timetables.org. Amtrak. February 17, 1985. p. 4. Retrieved November 21, 2018.
- Zimmer, Josh (September 12, 1995). "Back on Track in Yazoo City". The Clarion-Ledger. Jackson, Mississippi. p. 1. Retrieved November 19, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Sanders 2006, p. 105.
- "Three New Depots". The Nebraska State Journal. Lincoln, Nebraska. February 19, 1911. p. 8. Retrieved July 1, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Makes Initial Stop in Kissimmee". The Orlando Sentinel. December 12, 1975. p. 12. Retrieved November 16, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Depot Work Starts". The Great Falls Tribune. October 16, 1940. p. 3. Retrieved January 4, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Great Northern's Libby Station is Open for Business". The Great Falls Tribune. January 26, 1941. p. 36. Retrieved January 4, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Marshall Flag Stop Along Amtrak Route". The Marshall News Messenger. February 26, 1974. p. 1. Retrieved October 19, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Hoskins, Ken (June 12, 1977). "The Train Starts Stopping Again in Maysville Today". The Courier-Journal. pp. 1-2. Retrieved October 30, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "McCook Station Opening Planned". The Lincoln Star. April 2, 1926. p. 5. Retrieved July 1, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Indiana May Lose Last Passenger Train Service". The Logansport Pharos-Tribune. April 2, 1981. p. 7. Retrieved October 17, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Texas Town Named New Amtrak Stop". The El Paso Times. April 7, 1996. p. 50. Retrieved November 23, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "PennDOT, Federal Transit Administration celebrate opening of new Mount Joy Train Station". WPMT. York, Pennsylvania. October 21, 1943. Retrieved October 22, 2019.
- "New Amtrak Train Station in Niagara Falls Set to Open". The Journal News. White Plains, New York. December 6, 2016. p. A9. Retrieved November 26, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Stemen, John (October 26, 1986). "400 Celebrate New Rail Stop in Okeechobee". The Palm Beach Post. West Palm Beach, Florida. pp. 1B, 8B. Retrieved October 17, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Ottumwa Dedicates Railroad Station and City Park". The Des Moines Register. May 27, 1951. p. 25. Retrieved July 1, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Stop". The Burlington Free Press. April 24, 1977. p. 21. Retrieved October 17, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Prince Played a Large Part in Beckley Area Development". The Raleigh Register. Beckley, West Virginia. May 5, 1946. p. 6. Retrieved January 4, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- "New Stop for Amtrak". Vidette-Messenger of Porter County. Valparaiso, Indiana. January 17, 1981. p. 22. Retrieved October 17, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Schriever Stop to be Made Permanent". The Assumption Pioneer. Napoleonville, Louisiana. September 30, 1976. p. 2. Retrieved October 19, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Gregg, Ray (July 6, 1970). "South Shore Plans Dedication Tuesday". The South Bend Tribune. p. 11. Retrieved August 18, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Tacoma, WA (TAC)". The Great American Stations. Amtrak. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Hall, Christina (October 13, 2014). "Troy Transit Center set to open Tuesday". The Detroit Free Press. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Excavatuib Starts on Whitefish Depot". The Great Falls Tribune. September 11, 1927. p. 4. Retrieved January 4, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- "$70,000 Whitefish Depot Opened by Great Northern". The Great Falls Tribune. June 23, 1928. p. 5. Retrieved January 4, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- Abbate, Lauren (March 27, 2018). "Passenger Rail Extension to Rockland Canceled for 2018". The Bangor Daily News. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Quigley, Aidan (November 4, 2019). "Burlington Residents Oppose Waterfront Train Storage". VTDigger. Montpelier, Vermont. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
- "Oakley Announces Amtrak Train Station Platform is Coming Soon". East County Today. October 24, 2020. Retrieved October 24, 2020.
- Collection of Google Earth locations of Amtrak rail stations and bus stops (Requires Google Earth software) from the Google Earth Community forum.