Lionsgate UK (formerly Redbus Film Distribution, and briefly known as Helkon SK between 2001 and 2003) is the British subsidiary of the American film company, Lionsgate.
|Named after||Lionsgate Entertainment|
|Merger of||17 October 2005|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Subsidiaries||Elevation Sales (joint venture with StudioCanal UK)|
Founded in 1997 by Simon Franks and Zygi Kamasa, the company have distributed and produced many films for the United Kingdom, such as Bend It Like Beckham, What's Cooking?, Cabin Fever, Jeepers Creepers and It's All Gone Pete Tong. The first theatrical film released by Redbus was Open Your Eyes. Redbus's film releases were formerly distributed on home video by Warner Home Video.
The company was acquired by Lionsgate in October 2005.
This section is missing information about the company's early history.October 2017)(
On 6 May 2001, Redbus was acquired by the German media company Helkon Media AG for $23 million, and changed its name to Helkon SK, to reflect their partnership with Helkon Media, and then split from Helkon Media, and renamed it back to Redbus on 6 May 2003. On 17 October 2005, Lionsgate acquired Redbus Film Distribution for $35 million. and became Lionsgate UK on 23 February 2006.
- "Wallstreet Online" Redbus changes name to Helkon SK wallstreet-online.de, "Retrieved on 15 June 2012
- "Screen Daily" Helkon SK renamed Redbus Film Distribution screendaily.com, Retrieved on 15 June 2012
- Strategic Acquisition Enables Lions Gate to Self-Distribute in the UK and Adds to Company's Library and Pipeline
- "Redbus - Sale of Redbus Film Distribution to Lions Gate Entertainment". Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Screen Daily" Redbus rebranded as Lionsgate UK screendaily.com, Retrieved on 15 June 2012
- "Variety" Redbus now Lionsgate variety.com, Retrieved on 15 June 2012
|This article about a British film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|