Line H is a line of the Buenos Aires Underground. The first phase, between Plaza Once and Caseros, which opened on 18 October 2007, currently stretches over 8.8 km between Hospitales and Facultad de Derecho stations. It is the first entirely new line built in Buenos Aires since the opening of Line E on 20 June 1944.
|System||Buenos Aires Underground|
|Rolling stock||300 Series|
|Daily ridership||128,000 (2018) 23.68% |
|Opened||18 October 2007|
|Line length||8.8-kilometer (5.5 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Catenary 1500 V DC|
According to projections, the line will stretch a total of about 11.85 km and will run from between Retiro to Sáenz once the remaining sections are constructed. It connects the southern part of the city with the north, improving traffic flow to the centre of the city. It is also designed to serve as a transversal line and provide cross-connections across all radial lines, mainly under the axis of Jujuy and Pueyrredón avenues.
During its early years, Line H was served by a temporary fleet of refurbished and original vintage Siemens-Schuckert Orenstein & Koppel train sets originally introduced on line C, with electric current supplied by overhead lines. The cars featured 42 seats and 4 doors per side.
As the line was extended and passenger numbers increased, the rolling stock was replaced by new Alsom 300 Series units ordered from that company in 2012 in order to make up the entirety of the Line's rolling stock. The first 6 of the 120 new Alstom cars arrived In August 2015, with the remainder phased-in as the line has been extended.
This section needs to be updated.(October 2022)
An initial extension to Corrientes station was inaugurated on Monday 6 December 2010. The Córdoba and Las Heras stations opened in December 2015 with Santa Fe station (which links Line H to Line D) opening in April 2016. Alstom Metropolis rolling stock is now being used on the line. 
The Facultad de Derecho station (located at the University of Buenos Aires Faculty of Law) was originally intended to be located across the road next to Plaza Francia, however concerns that it would damage the prestigious Recoleta Cemetery necessitated revisions to these plans and therefore delayed construction of the station, which eventually opened in May 2018. The final stretch to Retiro is not set to open until some time after the revision of the route following the relocation of the Plaza Francia station.
|2007-10-18||Line H was inaugurated between Once and Caseros.|
|2010-12-06||The line is extended northbound from Once to Corrientes.|
|2011-10-04||Parque Patricios station opened.|
|2012-01||Works in the extension towards Plaza Francia (North) and Nueva Pompeya (South) began.|
|2013-05-27||Hospitales station opened.|
|2015-12-18||Las Heras and Cordoba stations opened.|
|2016-07-12||Santa Fe station opened.|
|2018-05-17||Facultad de Derecho station opened.|
- ^ "Subte: con récord de pasajeros, siguen las quejas por el servicio y busca mejorar con más obras". 13 August 2018. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- ^ "En 2018 el Subte transportó la mayor cantidad de pasajeros en 25 años". 20 February 2019. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- ^ Línea H – Buenos Aires Ciudad
- ^ "Subte: en medio del conflicto gremial, este jueves inauguran la estación Facultad de Derecho". Clarin (in Spanish). 16 May 2018. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- ^ La Línea C Archived 2010-03-04 at the Wayback Machine Subterráneos de Buenos Aires (SBASE) (Spanish) – Retrieved 2010-11-29
- ^ Licitan inspección técnica de coches Alstom para la línea H – EnElSubte, January 2015
- ^ Así son los nuevos trenes Alstom para la línea H – EnElSubte, 2015-03-25
- ^ Llegaron al país seis coches nuevos con aire acondicionado para la línea H – La Nacion, 27 August 2015.
- ^ "Se inauguró la estación Facultad de Derecho". enelSubte.com (in European Spanish). 17 May 2018. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- ^ Macri led opening ceremony The Buenos Aires Herald – www.buenosairesherald.com–Retrieved 2010-12-06
- ^ Ahora prometen la inauguración de la ampliación de la H para septiembre – EnElSubte, 19 May 2015.
- ^ Nuevos retrasos en la extensión de la línea H – EnElSubte, February 2015
- ^ El 6 de diciembre abre la estación Corrientes de la línea H de subte The Clarín– www.Clarin.com (Spanish)–Retrieved 2010-11-29