Line 4 (Wuhan Metro)
The Line 4 of Wuhan Metro (Chinese: 武汉地铁4号线) is the third line in Wuhan Metro system, and it will be the second metro line crossing the Yangtze river in Wuhan. It is colored grass-green, which is the identifying color of this line, which would appear on its trains, station signs, and the official subway map.
|Other name(s)||Line 24 or Caidian line (蔡甸线)|
Wuhan Railway Station
|Daily ridership||750,000 (2017 Daily)|
|Opened||December 28, 2013|
|Operator(s)||Wuhan Metro Group Co., Ltd.|
|Character||Underground and elevated|
|Rolling stock||CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Chinese Type B|
|Line length||49.693 km (30.88 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The whole construction was divided into two parts, being phase 1 and 2, which opened in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Phase 1, opened on December 28, 2013, runs through Wuchang in a northeast-southwest direction, connecting Wuhan Railway Station, Wuchang Railway Station and major commercial districts. Phase 2 will run in an east-west direction, linking Hanyang and Wuchang, tunneling through the Yangtze river in the proximity of the first Yangtze river bridge and connecting with phase 1 at Wuchang railway station.
The opening of phase 1 of Line 4 will form the skeleton of Wuhan's metro system. Right after its opening, the system (including Line 1, 2, and 4) will be able to accommodate millions of passengers a day, where a large proportion of them will be the cross-Yangtze passengers. But all stations on line 4 have been designed only to accommodate a six-car train (type B) in length and have no possibility to extend for future upgrading.
- Phase 1 opened on December 28, 2013.
- Phase 2 opened on December 28, 2014.
- Caidian line (Western extension) opened on 25 September 2019.
|Wuchang Railway Station — Wuhan Railway Station||28 December 2013||17.974 km (11.17 mi)||15||Phase 1|
|Huangjinkou — Wuchang Railway Station||28 December 2014||15.429 km (9.59 mi)||13||Phase 2|
|Huangjinkou — Bailin||25 September 2019||16.068 km (9.98 mi)||9||Caidian line (Western extension)|
Phase 1 stations are (from south to north): Wuchang railway station, Meiyuanxiaoqu, Zhongnanlu, Hongshan Guangchang, Zhoujiadawan, Qingyuzui, Dongting, Yuejiazui, Tiejicun, Luojiagang, Yuanlilu, Gongye Dadao, Gongyesilu, Yangchunhu, Wuhan railway station.
Phase 2 stations are (from west to east): Huangjinkou, Mengjiapu, Yong'antang, Meiguiyuan, Wangjiawan, Shilipu, Qilimiao, Wulidun, Hangyang railway station, Zhongjiacun, Lanjianglu, Fuxinglu, Shouyilu. (Connect Wuchang railway station of phase 1.)
(station names might change according to official system map and schedule).
|●||●||Hanyang Railway Station||汉阳火车站||HYN||1.012||26.963|
|Phase 1||●||●||Wuchang Railway Station||武昌火车站||WCN||0.897||34.264|
|●||●||Yuejiazui||岳家嘴||0.928||41.504||Wuchang / Hongshan|
|●||●||Gongye 4th Road||工业四路||1.634||47.710|
|●||●||Wuhan Railway Station||武汉火车站||WHN||0.810||49.693|
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Cars||Assembly||Notes|
|Type B||2012–2013||90||Tc+M+M+M+M+Tc||Manufactured by Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd.|
The rolling stock for Line 4 is a 6-car train, with 100 km/h (62 mph) of max speed, 80 km/h (50 mph) of operation max speed, and 36.6 km/h (22.7 mph) average speed. The collection shoe is on the lower part of the vehicle. The third rail is a mix of steel and aluminum. A full train provides 176 seats, and can carry 1276 passengers by Chinese regulation of 9 people per square meter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wuhan Metro Line 4.|
- "武汉地铁客流爆棚连续两天刷新纪录". Archived from the original on 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- "被调侃开往德国 武汉地铁柏林站注音改为"bailin"". 2019-10-04.
- "地铁4号线昨日开通 武汉地铁网络时代开启". Retrieved 2013-12-28.
- 武汉步入立体交通时代 2015年建成六桥一隧三地铁 (in Chinese). 荆楚网. 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- 地鐵4號綫二期12月28日試運營 結束漢陽無地鐵歷史 (in Chinese). 荊楚網. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "定了！地铁蔡甸线25日上午9时开通". 2019-09-23.
- "蔡甸线三大特色站亮相". 2019-09-20.
- Yan Yuntao (严运涛) (2011-08-19). 武汉4亿元购买地铁4号线列车 (in Chinese). 荆楚网. Archived from the original on 2013-12-14. Retrieved 2011-08-20.
- Wang Tianming (汪天明) (2011-08-19). "Archived copy" 武汉4亿元采购90列车 装备地铁4号线 (in Chinese). Xinhua News. Archived from the original on 2017-09-08. Retrieved 2011-08-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)