Professor Dame Linda Partridge ) is a British geneticist, who studies the biology and genetics of ageing (biogerontology) and age-related diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. Partridge is currently Weldon Professor of Biometry at the Institute of Healthy Ageing, Research Department of Genetics, Evolution and Environment, University College London, and Founding Director of the Max Planck Institute for the Biology of Ageing in Cologne, Germany.(born 18 March 1950
|Born||18 March 1950|
|Spouse(s)||Michael J. Morgan|
|Thesis||Behavioural aspects of the ecology of some paridae (1974)|
After completing her DPhil at the University of Oxford, Partridge became a NERC post-doctoral fellow at the University of York, and in 1976 moved to the University of Edinburgh where she became Professor of Evolutionary Biology. In 1994 she moved to University College London (UCL) as Weldon Professor of Biometry, and was the Director of the Institute of Healthy Ageing between 2007 and 2019. In 2008 Partridge became a Director in the Max Planck Society and the Founding Director of the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing in Cologne, Germany.
Partridge was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1996 and appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2003. Her husband, Michael J. Morgan was also elected FRS in 2005. She was elected to the Academy of Medical Sciences in 2004, and awarded the Linnean Society of London's prestigious Darwin-Wallace Medal in 2008. In 2009, she was appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE), and received the Croonian Lectureship from the Royal Society.
She has been awarded Honorary Degrees (DSc) from the University of St Andrews (2004), the University of Oxford (2011), the University of Bath (2011), the University of Brighton (2012), the University of Kent (2017), the University of Edinburgh (2017), Imperial College London (2019), and the University of East Anglia (2019).
- Partridge, Linda (1974). Behavioural aspects of the ecology of some paridae (DPhil thesis). University of Oxford. Archived from the original on 6 July 2013.
- "PARTRIDGE, Dame Linda". Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press.(subscription required)
- "Linda Partridge". The Life Scientific. 28 May 2013. BBC Radio 4. Archived from the original on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic
- "BBC Radio 4 - The Life Scientific, Linda Partridge". Archived from the original on 16 September 2016.
- "CV". www.age.mpg.de. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 13 May 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "No. 59090". The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 June 2009. p. 7.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 May 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Professor Linda Partridge: Woman of Outstanding Achievement". www.ucl.ac.uk. 11 March 2009. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012.
- "Academy Home - American Academy of Arts & Sciences". www.amacad.org. Archived from the original on 23 April 2010. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- "Partridge, Dame Linda, (born 18 March 1950), Weldon Professor of Biometry, since 1994, and Director, Institute of Healthy Ageing, since 2007, University College London | WHO'S WHO & WHO WAS WHO". www.ukwhoswho.com. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.u30182. ISBN 978-0-19-954088-4. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Honorary graduates, 2010 to present". University of Bath. Archived from the original on 17 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 August 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)