Linda Dawn McEachrane (born September 7, 1983) is a former swimmer from Trinidad and Tobago, who specialized in sprint freestyle events. She is a 2004 USA Freshman Swimmer of the Year, and is named 2002 National Sportswoman of the Year by the Trinidad & Tobago Olympic Committee. McEachrane is also a former varsity swimmer for Tulane Green Wave, and a business graduate at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana (2006).
|Full name||Linda Dawn McEachrane|
|National team||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Born||7 September 1983|
Port of Spain, Trinidad and
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lb)|
|Club||Marlins Swim Club|
|College team||Tulane University (U.S.)|
|Coach||Edward Tuberoso (U.S.)|
McEachrane qualified for the women's 100 m freestyle at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, by posting a FINA B-standard entry time of 58.00 from a TTOC sanctioned time trial in Port of Spain. She challenged seven other swimmers on the second heat, including three-time Olympian Agnese Ozoliņa of Latvia. McEachrane cruised to third place by 0.36 of a second behind Kazakhstan's Yelena Skalinskaya in 58.92. McEachrane failed to advance into the semifinals, as she placed forty-second overall in the preliminaries.
Six years after graduating from the University, McEachrane was officially inducted to the Tulane Athletics Hall of Fame for her full commitment and dedication to the sport of swimming.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Linda McEachrane". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Tulane's McEachrane Named to Trinidad & Tobago Olympic Swim Team". Swimming World Magazine. 8 August 2004. Archived from the original on 7 July 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 100m Freestyle Startlist (Heat 2)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Women's 100m Freestyle Heat 2". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 18 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Thomas, Stephen (18 August 2004). "Women's 100 Freestyle Prelims, Day 5: Inky Leads the Pack with a Swift 54.43". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 28 December 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Dunaway, Roger (4 July 2012). "Tulane Athletics Hall of Fame Selects Jurries, McEachrane, Fowler and Cummings for 2012 Class". SportsNOLA. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2013.