This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||September 19, 2002|
Number of employees
The company was founded on September 19, 2002, by Stephan Winter, Eike Radunz and Alexander Frey and has about 50 employees. They developed the tenth installment in the Might and Magic video game series, Might & Magic X: Legacy, for Ubisoft. Also for Ubisoft, they developed Might & Magic Heroes VI in collaboration with Black Hole Entertainment and Virtuos. In August 2014, Ubisoft announced that it would produce Might & Magic Heroes VII in cooperation with Limbic Entertainment.
Limbic Entertainment focuses on game design and programming. Other jobs, as for example graphics, are usually outsourced (in case of Might and Magic X: Legacy they collaborated with Ubisoft Chengdu and Liquid Development). The three founders of the company are former employees of Sunflowers Interactive Entertainment Software, a company that published games like Anno 1602, Anno 1503, and Anno 1701. On April 11, 2007, Ubisoft had acquired Sunflowers.
During the development of Might & Magic X: Legacy, the developers wrote a blog post in cooperation with the publisher, where they presented the game and discussed game features. This "OpenDev" phase has lasted since August 2013 (release of game Beta containing Act I) until the game's release in January 2014. Two months after Might and Magic X: Legacy release, on 27 March 2014 (together with last patch) the developer announced on game pages end of support for the game.
In October 2016 Ubisoft announced the end of partnership with Limbic.
In June 2017 Kalypso and Limbic announced that they would cooperate on the release of Tropico 6 scheduled for a 2018 release on PC, Linux, MacOS, PS4 and Xbox One. Since then the release date has been pushed to early 2019. As of July 2018, the company employs 70 people.
|2011||Might & Magic Heroes VI||Ubisoft||Microsoft Windows|
|2014||Might & Magic X: Legacy||Ubisoft||Microsoft Windows, OS X|
|2015||Might & Magic Heroes VII||Ubisoft||Microsoft Windows|
|2018||Memories of Mars||505 Games||Microsoft Windows|
|2019||Tropico 6||Kalypso Media||Microsoft Windows, Linux, MacOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
- "HOMMage: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced - Rock, Paper, Shotgun".
- "Might & Magic Heroes VII announced, Limbic to develop". IncGamers.com.
- "You Can Help Decide The Fate Of The Newly Announced Might & Magic Heroes VII". www.GameInformer.com.
- "Limbic Entertainment". Archived from the original on 2014-08-19.
- "Might & Magic X: Legacy Karthal - Screenshots and Art » Lightning Gaming News". Lightning Gaming News.
- Limbic Administrator. "Limbic Entertainment". Archived from the original on 2014-08-19.
- "Open Dev - News". Archived from the original on 2014-11-13.
- "MMX, The End of a Chapter. - Latest news - Might & Magic x Legacy".
- "El Presidente returns in Tropico 6". Kalypso Media Blog. 2017-06-27. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "El Presidente Reveals 2019 Release Date for Tropico 6". Kalypso Media Site News. 2018-08-16. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "Deutschlands größte Spielehersteller 2018". GamesWirtschaft.de (in German). 2 July 2018.