Lilian Kasait Rengeruk
Lilian Kasait Rengeruk (born 3 May 1997) is a Kenyan female long-distance runner who competes in track and cross country running events. She was a medallist at the IAAF World Cross Country Championships in 2017 and is a former World U18 Champion.
Rengeruk in 2017
|World Cross Country Championships|
|2017 Kampala||Senior race|
|2017 Kampala||Senior team|
Rengeruk had her first successes in 2013, winning the Kenyan youth trials race before beating Ethiopia's Berhan Demiesa to take the 3000 metres title at the 2013 World Youth Championships in Athletics. The following year she placed fifth in the junior race at the African Cross Country Championships, sharing in the team gold. She pre-fixed a win at the Kenyan junior trials with a 3000 m best of 8:53.41 minutes on her IAAF Diamond League debut in Doha. At the 2014 World Junior Championships in Athletics, however, she was outdone by American home athlete Mary Cain, leaving Rengeruk with the silver medal.
Rengeruk's 2015 season was prematurely curtailed and she did not fare well at the 2016 African Cross Country Championships, managing only tenth in the junior race that year. She failed to make the top three at the Kenyan junior track trials that June. She emerged a much improved athlete in 2017 running in the senior ranks, starting with runner-up finishes at the Discovery Cross Country and the Kenyan Cross Country Championships; she was the only athlete to keep pace with Irene Chepet Cheptai in the national race. The Kenyan women's team was very strong for the 2017 IAAF World Cross Country Championships and Rengeruk took the bronze medal in the senior race as part of a Kenyan sweep of the top six places, where Cheptai was the victor. Although Rengeruk won the 5000 metres at the Kenyan Police Championships and the Kenyan Athletics Championships, she missed out on World Championships selection at the trials meet. She did perform well on the Diamond League circuit, having her first top three finish at the Prefontaine Classic in a personal best of 14:36.80 min, as well as setting a best of 8:32.73 min in the 3000 m at the Herculis meet.
|2013||World Youth Championships||Donetsk, Ukraine||1st||3000 m||8:58.74|
|2014||African Cross Country Championships||Kampala, Uganda||5th||Junior race||19:51|
|World Junior Championships||Eugene, United States||2nd||3000 m||9:00.53|
|2016||African Cross Country Championships||Yaoundé, Cameroon||10th||Junior race||19,48|
|2017||World Cross Country Championships||Kampala, Uganda||3rd||Senior race||32:11|
- Kenyan Athletics Championships
- 5000 m: 2017
- Bamford, Nicola (2013-07-10). World youth lead for Rengeruk to win 300. IAAF. Retrieved on 2018-01-15.
- Mutuota, Mutwiri (2014-06-25). Alfred Kipketer the star of the Kenyan trials for the IAAF World Junior Championship. IAAF. Retrieved on 2018-01-15.
- Morse, Parker (2014-07-25). Crowd control collapses as Cain beats her rivals into submissio. IAAF. Retrieved on 2018-01-15.
- Lilian Kasait Rengeruk. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2018-01-15.
- Evans, Kip (2017-02-18). Barsoton and Cheptai take Kenyan cross-country titl. IAAF. Retrieved on 2018-01-15.
- Ramsak, Bob (2016-03-26). Cheptai leads unprecedented top-six sweep for Kenya – IAAF World Cross Country Championships Kampala 20. IAAF. Retrieved on 2018-01-16.
- Dutch, Taylor (2017-03-26). Kenya Claims Unprecedented Team Victory At IAAF World Cross Country. Flotrack. Retrieved on 2018-01-16.
- Sampaolo, Diego (2016-01-06). Kibet and Rengeruk claim top spots at Campacci. IAAF. Retrieved on 2018-01-16.
- Lilian Kasait RENGERUK. All Athletics. Retrieved on 2018-01-15.