Light Up the Night (The Brothers Johnson album)(Redirected from Light Up the Night (Brothers Johnson album))
Light Up the Night is the fourth album by the Los Angeles, California-based duo Brothers Johnson, released in 1980. The album topped the U.S. R&B albums chart and reached number five on the pop albums chart. The single, "Stomp!", became a dance hit, reaching number one on both the R&B singles and disco charts and top ten on the pop singles chart.
|Light Up the Night|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||1978-1980 at Allen Zentz Recording, Hollywood, California|
A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood, California
Kendun Recorders, Burbank, California
|Genre||Soul, funk, disco|
|Brothers Johnson chronology|
|Singles from Light Up the Night|
Light Up the Night was the final Brothers Johnson album to be produced by Quincy Jones.
- "Stomp!" (Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson, George Johnson, Valerie Johnson) 6:20
- "Light Up the Night" (Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson, George Johnson) 3:45
- "You Make Me Wanna Wiggle" (Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson, George Johnson, Valerie Johnson) 3:38
- "Treasure" (Rod Temperton) 4:11
- "This Had to Be" (Michael Jackson, Louis Johnson, George Johnson) 5:08
- "All About the Heaven" - (Rod Temperton) 3:59
- "Smilin' on Ya" (George Johnson, Greg Phillinganes, Louis Johnson, Jerry Hey) 3:42
- "Closer to the One That You Love" (Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson, George Johnson) 3:11
- "Celebrations" (Rod Temperton, Louis Johnson, George Johnson) 4:26
"You Make Me Wanna Wiggle" was sampled by French electronic band Justice for their song "Newjack" from their debut studio album, "†".
- George Johnson - Rhythm & Lead Guitar, Lead and Backing Vocals
- Louis Johnson - Bass, Guitar, Piano, Synthesizer, Lead and Backing Vocals
- Greg Phillinganes - Electric Piano, Piano, Synthesizer
- Steve Porcaro - Synthesizer
- Rod Temperton - Electric Piano
- Paulinho DaCosta - Percussion
- John Robinson - Drums
- Jerry Hey - Trumpet
- Gary Grant - Flugelhorn, Trumpet
- Kim Hutchcroft - Flute, Saxophone (Baritone, Soprano, Tenor)
- Larry Williams - Flute, Saxophone (Alto, Tenor), Synthesizer
- Bill Reichenbach Jr. - Euphonium, Strings (Conductor), Trombone, Trumpet (Slide)
- Augie Johnson, Jim Gilstrap, Josie James, Merry Clayton, Michael Jackson, Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene-Brown, Valerie Johnson, Quincy Jones - Backing Vocals
- Alex Weir - Backing Vocals and Lead Vocals on "You Make Me Wanna Wiggle"
- Richard Heath - Backing Vocals and Lead Vocals on "Treasure"
|Billboard Pop Albums||5|
|Billboard Top Soul Albums||1|
|1980||"Light Up the Night"||—||16||—|
- Henderson, Alex. Brothers Johnson: Light Up the Night > Review at AllMusic. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- Starr, Red. "Brothers Johnson, Light Up the Night". Smash Hits (March 20 – April 2): 31.
- "The Brothers Johnson US albums chart history". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "The Brothers Johnson US singles chart history". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-08-27.