Lieutenant general (Pakistan)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020)
Lieutenant General is a three-star army officer rank in the Pakistan Army. It is equivalent to a Federal Secretary in the civil service, a vice admiral in the Pakistan Navy and an air marshal in the Pakistan Air Force. A lieutenant general is also called a three-star general. Like other armies, this rank is higher than a major general and lower than a full general. There are currently 27 Lieutenant Generals in the Pakistan Army, with each usually presiding over a corps.
|Service branch||Pakistan Army|
|Abbreviation||Lt Gen, LTG|
|Next higher rank||General|
|Next lower rank||Major general|
|Equivalent ranks|| Vice Admiral (Pakistan Navy)|
Air marshal (Pakistan Air Force)
The Pakistan Army is followed the British Army rank system since its independence from the British Empire in 1947. However, the crown in the ranks has been replaced with a star and crescent, which symbolizes the sovereignty of the Government of Pakistan.
Rank and insigniaEdit
|Rank group||General/flag officers||Field/senior officers||Junior officers||Officer cadet|
| Pakistan Army
|Rank group||Senior NCOs||Junior NCOs||Enlisted|
| Pakistan Army
|Subedar-Major/Risaldar-Major||Subedar/Risaldar||Naib Subedar/Naib Risaldar||Havildar||Naik||Lance Naik||Sepoy|
|Other rank insignia|
|Battalion Havildar Major||Battalion Quartermaster Havildar||Company Havildar Major||Company Quartermaster Havildar|
- "Two major generals promoted to lieutenant general rank". DAWN.COM. 25 November 2019. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "Two major generals promoted to lieutenant general rank". Pakistan Today. 25 November 2019. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "Pakistan Navy Official Website". www.paknavy.gov.pk.
- Naqvi, Haider (21 August 2019). "20 serving generals of Pak Army will retire till Nov 2022 - Top Story". thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-08-25. Retrieved 2019-06-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Pakistan Army Ranks with Salary and Insignia". pakistanforces.com. Retrieved 27 May 2021.