Liene Jansone (born 22 May 1981 in Riga) is a Latvian women's basketball player who has most recently played for the Tarsus Belediyesi of the Turkish Women's Basketball League and is member of the Latvian national team. She is a 1.92 m (6 ft 4 in) tall power forward.
|Listed height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Listed weight||89 kg (196 lb)|
|2004–2005||Hapoel Haifa B.C. (Israel)|
|2008–2009||Gambrinus Brno (Czech Republic)|
|2009||Tarbes GB (France)|
|2010||Reyer Venezia (Italy)|
|2010–2011||Pool Comense (Italy)|
|2011–2012||Pays d'Aix Basket 13 (France)|
|2012–2013||Tarsus Belediyesi (Turkey)|
She was a member of the Siena Saints NCAA team from 2000 until 2004. Jansone eventually became one of the team's leaders. In her first year, the team won NCAA Conference. Jansone was named the Most Valuable Player. Since then, she has played in Europe.
Jansone is a member of the Latvian national team. Prior to playing at a senior level, she played at the under-18 and under-20 levels. She made her senior debut on 6 August 2005. Jansone has represented Latvia at several Eurobasket Women (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011) and at the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- "Liene Jansone (Latvia)". Eurobasketwomen2013.com. Archived from the original on 26 July 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "FIBA Europe profile". Fibaeurope.com. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Jurševica, Māra (9 August 2008). "Vēl botas nost nevelku" (in Latvian). Neatkarīgā Rīta Avīze. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Noviks, Māris (27 May 2008). "Liene Jansone: "Spānijā mums palīdzēs!"" (in Latvian). Sportacentrs.com. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Liene Jansone" (in Latvian). Basket.lv. Retrieved 26 March 2013.