Licensing.biz is an online trade magazine published by Biz Media, a subsidiary of Datateam Media Group and based in Hertford, Hertfordshire. Originally aimed at European members of the licensing industry, it has since expanded to cover the trade worldwide.
|Staff writers||Jade Burke|
|Company||Intent Media (2007-2012)|
NewBay Media (2012-2018)
Future plc (2018-2019)
Datateam Media Group (present)
|Based in||Hertford, Hertfordshire|
Licensing.biz was founded in 2007 by Intent Media, which was acquired by NewBay Media in 2012. At the time of its creation, the managing director and publisher was Stuart Dinsey. Dinsey left the position in October 2013.
As of 2016, Licensing.biz receives about 52,000 monthly readers from over one hundred countries.
In 2018, NewBay was acquired by Future.
In January 2019, Future sold some B2B brands (including Licensing.biz) to Datateam Media Group, Biz Media was formed as the parent company.
Licensing.biz People AwardsEdit
On 30 April 2015, Licensing.biz introduced the People Awards ceremony, held in London. On 11 March 2016, the second annual awards show was held in the same city, hosted by BBC 6 Music presenter Shaun Keaveny. The event recognises successful companies involved in the licensing business.
- "Intent launches Licensing.biz". New Bay Media.
- "Contact Licensing.biz". Licensing.biz.
- "More about Licensing.biz". Licensing.biz. Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "NewBay Media Acquires Intent Media". Broadcasting & Cable Magazine.
- "Licensing.biz's Stuart Dinsey". Licensing.biz. Archived from the original on November 22, 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Stuart Dinsey to leave Intent Media".
- "About Licensing.biz". Licensing.biz. Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Ridsdale, Jack. "Licensing.biz publisher NewBay Media acquired by Future Publishing". Licensing.biz. Retrieved 2018-12-19.
- Barton, Seth (2019-01-11). "Six of the UK's top B2B brands are now under new ownership". MCV. ISSN 1469-4832. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- "Licensing.biz introduces the People Awards". MCV.
- "A Winning Week for PAW Patrol: Named Licensee Team of the Year from UK's Licensing.biz". Yahoo Finance.
- "BBC 6 Music's Shaun Keaveny to host Licensing.biz People Awards". Licensing.biz.