|Developer(s)||The Document Foundation|
|Operating system||Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows and FreeBSD|
|License||MPLv2.0 (secondary license GPL, LGPLv3+ or Apache License 2.0)|
After forking from OpenOffice.org in 2010, LibreOffice Calc underwent a massive re-work of external reference handling to fix many defects in formula calculations involving external references, and to boost data caching performance, especially when referencing large data ranges.
As with the entire LibreOffice suite, Calc is available for a variety of platforms, including Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, and FreeBSD. Available under the Mozilla Public License, Calc is free and open-source software. There are community builds for many other platforms. Ecosystem partner Collabora uses LibreOffice upstream code and provides apps for Android, iOS, iPadOS and ChromeOS. LibreOffice Online is an online office suite which includes the applications Writer, Calc and Impress and provides an upstream for projects such as commercial Collabora Online.
Capabilities of Calc include:
- Ability to read/write OpenDocument (ODF), Microsoft Excel (XLSX), CSV, and several other formats.
- Support for many functions, including those for imaginary numbers, as well as financial and statistical functions.
- Supports 1,048,576 rows and 16384 columns in a spreadsheet, making LibreOffice spreadsheets more suitable for heavier scientific or financial spreadsheets. Version 7.0 introduced "very large spreadsheets" which can be enabled as an experimental feature. Version 7.4 made very large spreadsheets default.
- Up to now, new functions such as IFS, Switch TEXT JOIN, MAXIFS, MINIFS functions, etc. were available only in Excel 2016 and later. LibreOffice Calc can use them.
Pivot Table Edit
An advanced sort macro is included that allows data to be arranged or categorised based on either a user generated macro or one of several default included macros.
Supported file formats Edit
|Apple Numbers||NUMBERS||From 5.0|
|Data Interchange Format||DIF||Yes|
|DBase, Clipper, VP-Info,||DBF||Yes|
|Gnumeric||GNM, GNUMERIC||From 5.1, cannot write|
|Lotus 1-2-3||123, WKS, WKS1, WK2,
|Microsoft Excel 4/5/95||XLS, XLW, XLT||Yes, writing up to 3.6|
|Microsoft Excel 97–2003||XLS, XLW, XLT||Yes|
|Microsoft Excel 2007-2021||XLSX, XLTX, XLSM,
|Microsoft Excel 2003 XML||XML||Yes|
|Microsoft Excel Web
|Microsoft Pocket Excel||PXL||Yes||Requires Java|
|ODS, FODS, OTS,||Yes|
|Quattro Pro 6.0||WB2, WQ1, WQ2||Yes|
|StarOffice StarCalc 3/4/5||SDC, VOR||Dropped in 4.0 then
added back in 5.3, write up to 3.6
See also Edit
- Italo Vignoli (14 September 2023). "LibreOffice 7.6.1 Community available for download". Retrieved 14 September 2023.
- Mike Saunders (7 September 2023). "The Document Foundation releases LibreOffice 7.5.6 Community". Retrieved 7 September 2023.
- The Document Foundation (n.d.). "System Requirements". Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- FreeBSD Handbook, 7.3.5 LibreOffice
- "Licenses". The Document Foundation. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Calc, the LibreOffice spreadsheet program". The Document Foundation. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- Petersen, Richard (2011). Ubuntu 11. 04 Desktop Handbook. Surfing Turtle Press. p. 170. ISBN 978-1-936280-28-5.
- "3.4 New Features and Fixes". The Document Foundation. Archived from the original on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Licenses". The Document Foundation. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- "Collabora Office". Google Play. Archived from the original on 31 December 2022. Retrieved 7 May 2023.
- "Collabora Office". Apple App Store. 2023. Archived from the original on 5 October 2020. Retrieved 7 May 2023.
- "New beta LibreOffice for AmigaOS 4.1". GenerationAmiga.com. 28 February 2017. Archived from the original on 2 December 2019. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- "Importing and Exporting CSV Files". LibreOffice Help. The Document Foundation. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "About Import and Export Filters". LibreOffice Help. The Document Foundation. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "The Document Foundation, LibreOffice and OOXML". The Document Foundation Wiki. The Document Foundation. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Financial Functions Part One". LibreOffice Help. The Document Foundation. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Add-in Functions, List of Analysis Functions Part Two". LibreOffice Help. The Document Foundation. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "3.3 New Features and Fixes". LibreOffice. The Document Foundation. 2011. Archived from the original on 27 February 2014. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- "50916 – Allow more than 1024 columns in calc". bugs.documentfoundation.org. Retrieved 4 May 2022.
- "LibreOffice 7.4 Community: Release Notes - The Document Foundation Wiki". wiki.documentfoundation.org. Retrieved 28 January 2023.
- "Pivot Table". LibreOffice Help. The Document Foundation. Retrieved 13 November 2011.