Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM) is a private graduate medical school located in Lynchburg, Virginia. It is one of the 17 colleges and schools located in Liberty University. LUCOM was the second osteopathic medical school to open in the U.S. state of Virginia after the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. In 2018, the inaugural class of 126 medical students graduated.
|Type||Private medical school |
|Dean||Peter A. Bell, DO|
The college received provisional accreditation from the American Osteopathic Association through the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation in 2013 and received full accreditation in 2018. The college secured long-term affiliations with Halifax Health, the Johnson Health Center, LifePoint, and a 30-year clinical clerkship and graduate medical education affiliation with Centra Health that includes a commitment of clinical rotations for 80 students per year.
In July 2015 the college of osteopathic medicine opened Liberty Mountain Medical Group LLC, a primary care clinic serving the greater Lynchburg area. Services include family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and sports medicine, and will have a laboratory and X-ray imaging available.
- Anne, Ashley (17 March 2018). "Liberty University celebrates first 'Match Day'". Gray Digital Media. WDBJ7. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Liberty University readies new medical school". Lynchburg News and Advance. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- Schierhorn, Carolyn (February 5, 2014). "New school aims to meld Christian worldview, dedication to underserved". The DO.
- "Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine" (PDF). AACOM infobook. American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.
- "Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine Earns Accreditation". Midwest Television, Inc. CBS8.com. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Centra, Liberty University sign 30-year affiliation agreement". Lynchburg News and Advance. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- "Liberty Mountain Medical will open June 29". Lynchburg News and Advance. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "The doctor will see you now at a new Lynchburg medical partnership". Lynchburg News and Advance. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "LUCOM partners with local family physicians to open community care clinic". WSLS.com. Retrieved 2015-06-15.