Liberal Initiative (Portugal)
The Liberal Initiative (Portuguese: Iniciativa Liberal) is a Portuguese political party led by João Cotrim de Figueiredo. It is a classical liberal party that advocates for more economic, political and civil freedoms and less state intervention. It won one seat in the 2019 Portuguese legislative election.
|President||João Cotrim de Figueiredo|
|Founded||13 December 2017 (as a party)|
|European affiliation||Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe|
|Assembly of the Republic|
1 / 230
0 / 21
1 / 104
0 / 2,074
The party was created as an association in 2016, and was approved as a party by the Constitutional Court in 2017. The party was admitted to the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party, a European political party, in November 2017.
In the 2019 legislative election, the party won a single seat in the Portuguese Parliament through the electoral district of Lisbon, earning 67,681 votes in total, equivalent to 1.29% of the votes cast.
Assembly of the RepublicEdit
|Election||Assembly of the Republic||Government||Size||Leader||Notes|
1 / 230
|Opposition||8th||Carlos Guimarães Pinto|
0 / 21
1 / 57
|7th||Opposition; negotiated the approval of the Government's program|
0 / 47
List of leadersEdit
|1st||Miguel Ferreira da Silva||13 December 2017||13 October 2018|
|2nd||Carlos Guimarães Pinto||13 October 2018||8 December 2019|
|3rd||João Cotrim de Figueiredo||8 December 2019||Present|
- "A Iniciativa | Iniciativa Liberal" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-10-21.
- "What is Iniciativa Liberal? - More Political, Social and Economic Freedom". iniciativaliberal.pt. Archived from the original on 2017-12-22. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Valores | Iniciativa Liberal" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-10-21.
- "Identidade | Iniciativa Liberal" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-10-21.
- "Legislativas 2019 - Resultados Globais". www.legislativas2019.mai.gov.pt. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Iniciativa Liberal já é um partido". ECO. December 16, 2017.
- [dead link]
- "Europeias 2019 - Resultados Globais". www.eleicoes.mai.gov.pt. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Açores. PSD aceita reduzir funcionários públicos e privatizar empresas, mas nem assim Iniciativa Liberal garante aprovar orçamentos". Jornal Expresso.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Iniciativa Liberal.|
|This article about a Portuguese political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|