|National team||Italy (25 caps)|
|Born||July 12, 1983|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||60 kg (132 lb)|
|Achievements and titles|
Born in Santiago de Cuba on 12 July 1983, she started her sports career in track and field athletics. In 2006, she married an Italian man and relocated to Casal Palocco, a borough in Rome. She acquired Italian citizenship in 2008. She broke the Italian record at 400 meters with a time of 50.83 seconds. This performance took place in Beijing during the semi-final of the 400 meters. Despite this effort Grenot did not reach the final. In 2009, she won a gold medal for the 400 meters at the XVI Mediterranean Games with a time of 50.30 seconds, a new Italian record.
In 2014, she was first in the 400 meters at the European Championships, becoming the first Italian woman to win an international track title since 1938.
- Rio 2016 bio
- "Libania Grenot si è ritirata! Diventerà mamma…" (in Italian). atleticalive.it. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Libania Grenot at World Athletics
- Iaaf website personal page of Libiana Grenot
- From the online edition of Repubblica, July 2nd, 2009 
- "A Grenot il bronzo europeo di Barcellona 2010" (in Italian). fidal.it. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- Disqualified in the final
- "ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS". gbrathletics.com. Retrieved 13 April 2012.