15 November 1966 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Alma mater||Macquarie University|
After leaving school, Moriarty worked in advertising and marketing at a legal publishing company. She then ran her own company for a while before taking work as a freelance advertising copywriter. In 2004, after obtaining a master's degree at Macquarie University in Sydney her first novel Three Wishes, written as part of the degree, was published.
Five further novels have been published.
Her novel Big Little Lies has been adapted into a limited series by HBO, and starred Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern, Zoë Kravitz, and Alexander Skarsgård. The series premiered on February 19, 2017, and concluded on April 2, 2017.
- Three Wishes (2004)
- The Last Anniversary (2006)
- What Alice Forgot (2010)
- The Hypnotist's Love Story (2011)
- The Husband's Secret (2013)
- Big Little Lies (2014)
- Truly Madly Guilty (2016)
- The Petrifying Problem with Princess Petronella (2009)
- The Shocking Trouble on the Planet of Shobble (2009)
- The Wicked War on the Planet of Whimsy (2010)
- Bearup, Greg (12 December 2014). "Big little lives". The Australian. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- Hooton, Amanda (15 July 2016). "How Sydney author Liane Moriarty sold six million books and inspired an HBO series". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- Littleton, Cynthia (2015-05-08). "HBO Orders Reese Witherspoon-Nicole Kidman Limited Series 'Big Little Lies'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Petski, Denise (2016-11-28). "'Big Little Lies' From David E. Kelley Gets Premiere Date On HBO". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-09-19.