This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Liahona (formerly Tambuli in the English-language version) is the official international magazine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is named after the word liahona from the Book of Mormon. The Liahona is published in 51 different languages from one to twelve times per year, depending on the language. The magazine consists of articles for youth, teens, and adults, all of which are published concurrently in the church's English-language Ensign, New Era, and Friend magazines. The magazine began publication in 1977. The Liahona publishes 415,000 magazines per month in 46 languages.
|Publisher||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|First issue||May 1995|
|Language||English and 50 other languages|
Until the April 1995 edition, the English-language version of the magazine was called Tambuli; other language versions of the magazine had different titles. Since 1999, all the languages have adopted some form of the title "Liahona."
- Dean L. Larsen (1977–78)
- James E. Faust (1979)
- M. Russell Ballard (1980–84)
- Carlos E. Asay (1985–86)
- Hugh W. Pinnock (1987–89)
- Joe J. Christensen (1994–95)
- Jack H. Goaslind (1996–98)
- Marlin K. Jensen (1999–2000)
- Dennis B. Neuenschwander (2001–04)
- Jay E. Jensen (2005–08)
- Spencer J. Condie (2008–10)
- Paul B. Pieper (2010–12)
- Craig A. Cardon (2012–15)
- Joseph W. Sitati (2015–17)
- Hugo E. Martinez (2017–18)
- Randy D. Funk (2018- )
Previous magazines of similar titleEdit
The Liahona was a weekly newspaper published in Independence, Missouri in 1907. It was collapsed with The Elders' Journal (published in Atlanta, Georgia) into Liahona, the Elders' Journal (based in Independence) which ran from 1907 to 1942. Both focused on LDS Church news, doctrine and reprints.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Rex D. Pinegar and Joe J. Christensen were co-editors in 1994.
- Official homepage of English-language Liahona
- Complete archive of English-language Liahona and Tambuli
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Christian magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.