Let's Be Famous
Let's Be Famous is a 1939 British comedy film directed by Walter Forde and starring Jimmy O'Dea, Betty Driver and Sonnie Hale. It was made by Associated Talking Pictures, with shooting beginning in November 1938. The film's art direction was by the Austrian Oscar Werndorff, in his final production.
|Let's Be Famous|
|Directed by||Walter Forde|
|Produced by||Michael Balcon|
|Edited by||Ray Pitt|
|Distributed by||Associated British|
- Jimmy O'Dea as Jimmy Houlihan
- Betty Driver as Betty Pinbright
- Sonnie Hale as Finch
- Patrick Barr as Johnny Blake
- Basil Radford as Watson
- Milton Rosmer as Albert Pinbright
- Lena Brown as Polly Pinbright
- Henry Hallett as Grenville
- Garry Marsh as BBC Official
- Franklyn Bellamy as Ali Benali (as Franklin Bellamy)
- Hay Plumb as Announcer
- Alf Goddard as Battling Bulger
- Raymond Huntley as Singer in trio (uncredited)
- Wood p. 98
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Perry, George. Forever Ealing. Pavilion Books, 1994.
- Sutton, David R. A Chorus of Raspberries: British Film Comedy 1929-1939. University of Exeter Press, 2000.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.