Les derniers seront les premiers
"Les derniers seront les premiers" (French: [le dɛʁnje səʁɔ̃ le pʁəmje]; lit. "The Last Shall Be First") is a French-language song by Canadian singer Celine Dion, recorded for her album, D'eux (1995). It was written by Jean-Jacques Goldman, who also did the backing vocals. In November 1996, "Les derniers seront les premiers" was released as a promotional single in Europe and Canada from Dion's live album, Live à Paris (1996). It was performed as a live duet with Goldman. Dion performed the song during her 1995 D'eux Tour and during the french shows of her 1996/1997 Falling Into You: Around the World tour.
|"Les derniers seront les premiers"|
|Single by Celine Dion and Jean-Jacques Goldman|
|from the album Live à Paris|
|Released||4 November 1996|
|Recorded||1995 Zenith Theatre, Paris|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
"Les derniers seront les premiers" peaked at number 3 on the Quebec Airplay Chart, entering it on 16 November 1996 and spending 35 weeks there in total. It reached also number 47 on the Belgian Wallonia Airplay Chart.
Formats and track listingsEdit
Canadian/European promotional CD single
- "Les derniers seront les premiers" (live) – 3:53
|Belgium (Ultratop Airplay Flanders)||141|
|Belgium (Ultratop Airplay Wallonia)||47|
|France (SNEP Airplay)||19|
- Glatzer, Jenna (2005). Céline Dion: For Keeps. Andrews McMeel Publishing. ISBN 0-7407-5559-5.
- Sam Jaspers (2006). Ultratop 1995-2005. Book & Media Publishing. ISBN 90-5720-232-8.
- "Major Market Airplay: France" (PDF). Music & Media. 14 December 1996. p. 23. Retrieved 4 May 2019.
- "Québec Info Musique: Céline Dion". Québec Info Musique. Retrieved 28 September 2014.