Leonardo Sarto (born 15 January 1992) is an Italian rugby union player who is currently unattached. His principal position is wing. He previously played for Italian side Zebre and Glasgow Warriors in the Pro14 and for Leicester Tigers in England's Premiership Rugby.
|Birth name||Leonardo Sarto|
|Date of birth||15 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Zevio, Italy|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb; 205 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union careerEdit
Sarto played eight games for Zebre, starting eight, playing 783 minutes, contributing 10 points in the 2015-2016 - PRO12 series.
On 8 March 2016 it was announced that Leonardo would sign for Glasgow Warriors in the summer of 2016 when season 2015-16 concluded. Sarto made his debut for the Warriors in the pre-season match against Harlequins on 20 August 2016. In late December of 2018 Sarto signed with English Gallagher Premiership side Leicester Tigers. On 15 May 2019 he was announced as one of the players to leave Leicester following the end of the 2018-19 Premiership Rugby season.
In May 2013, Leonardo was called up by the Italian national rugby union team for the South African Quadrangular Tournament. On his international debut against Scotland he scored his first try, narrowly losing the game 29-30. In 2014, Sarto debut his first Six Nations Championship, landing two tries, one against Ireland and one against England.
- zebrerugby, Leonardo Sarto Zebras Rugby, 29 May, 2013 Archived 2013-06-19 at the Wayback Machine
- "Pro-player draft".
- "Statzone". Guinness Pro12. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Brendon O'Connor and Mike Fitzgerald among huge number leaving Leicester Tigers at the end of the season". Leicester Mercury. 15 May 2019. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Reuters, Rugby-four new faces in Italy squad for South Africa tournament, 29 May, 2013
- BBC, Scotland 30-29 Italy, 22 June, 2013