Leona M. Marlin-Romeo (born 3 July 1973) is a Sint Maarten politician and the current Prime Minister of Sint Maarten. She was selected as Prime Minister in the coalition agreement between the United People's Party, the Democratic Party and the independent member of Parliament Chanel Brownbill. She previously served as a Member of Parliament from 2014 to 2016.
|5th Prime Minister of Sint Maarten|
|Assumed office |
15 January 2018
|Preceded by||Rafael Boasman|
|Born||3 July 1973|
|Political party||United Democrats (2018–present)|
|Alma mater||University of Amsterdam|
Leona Marlin-Romeo was born on 3 July 1973 on Sint Maarten to Marius Romeo and Marilyn Thomas. As a child Marlin-Romeo attended the Methodist Agogic Center (MAC) in Sint Maarten. She briefly attended St. Maarten Academy before transferring to Oak Hill Academy in Virginia. She graduated from Adelphi University in 1995 with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and a minor in French. She continued her education at the University of Amsterdam where she graduated with a Master’s degree in International Relations. In 2005, Marlin-Romeo returned to Sint Maarten, and began working as the Head of the Civil Registry Department.
- "UP and DP merge as 'United Democrats'". The Daily Herald. 5 January 2018.
- "MPs, former ministers on United Democrats slate". The Daily Herald. 5 January 2018.
- "Leona new prime minister, ministers take oath Mon". The Daily Herald. 12 January 2018.
- "Verklaring ingevolge artikel 53 Landsverordering Registratie en Financien Politieke Partijen" (in Dutch). Electoral Council of Sint Maarten. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "New Interim Council of Ministers sworn-in headed by Prime Minister Leona Marlin-Romeo". Soualiga Newsday. 15 January 2018.
- "Bio - Leona Marlin-Romeo". SXM Elections. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Leona Marlin, Dr. Lloyd Richardson go 'forward together' with 'winning team'" (PDF). The DailyHerald. 16 August 2010. pp. 1, 5, .
- "Toastmasters Clubs to host Area Debate" (PDF). The Daily Herald. 23 May 2013. p. 10.