This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hale is a member of The Texas Institute of Letters, a literary group in Austin, which recognized the writer with the Lon Tinkle Award for Excellence Sustained Throughout a Career. He has also won awards for fiction and non-fiction from the Headliners Foundation, United Press International, and the Associated Press.
He has recently announced his retirement after 65 years of writing. http://www.houstonchronicle.com/lifestyle/columnists/hale/ Despite this announcement, he continues to write short blogs weekly for the Chronicle as of the end of 2014.
Leon Hale is also the author of the following books:
- Pugh, Clifford (10 October 2001). "Chronicle's columnists give the paper personality". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- Borders, Gary (26 November 2000). "Books to curl up with on an autumn night". Record-Journal. p. E3. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- Cohen, George (16 November 1986). "Author's story compelling". The Beaver County Times. p. 4. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- Greene, Beverly (16 March 1979). "Your library". Middlesboro Daily News. p. 4. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- Hale, Leon and Gabrielle Hale. Leon Hale Oral History, Houston Oral History Project, November 29, 2007.
- Hale, Leon. Leon Hale: A blog featuring Houston Chronicle columnist Leon Hale.
- Hale, Leon. Leon Hale, Author: A Facebook page by Leon Hale and his fans.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|