Sven Lennart Green (born 25 December 1941) is a Swedish world champion close-up/card magician, a title which he won in 1991 at the FISM convention in Lausanne, Switzerland. He is known for his seemingly chaotic routines which, in spite of first appearances, display great skill. His original techniques and presentation style form an unorthodox and innovative contribution to sleight of hand magic.
Green in March, 2006
|Known for||Magic tricks. Mainly card magic.|
Green began practicing magic at the age of 18. Green competed at the 1988 FISM convention in The Hague, Netherlands, and was erroneously disqualified because the judges believed he had used stooges in his act to shuffle the cards. In 1991, he performed the same act but insisted that the judges themselves shuffle the cards to prove that he used no stooges. The judges then awarded him first place.
- Green Magic – Classic Green, Volumes 1–6, DVD
- Green Magic – Green Lite, Volume 7, DVD
- Masterfile, Volumes 1–4, DVD
- The Stolen Cards, DVD
- The Figurine, DVD
- Swedish Census 1970.
- "World Championship of Magic – Winners 1991 to 1997". FISM. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Informal video of Green performing". Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Lennart Green and the Modern Drama of Sleight of Hand". Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Lennert Green Biography (translated and posted here)". Geniimagazine.com. 1941-12-25. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- FISM History Part 6[permanent dead link]
- "TED Talks: Lennart Green does close-up card magic". Ted.com. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Cui's talk: The Magician Lennart Green (9 June 2009) YouTube. Retrieved 1 February 2020
- Richard Kaufman (5 July 2014) Lennart Green is Seriously Ill Retrieved 1 February 2020
- Tibbs, Geoff, "Lennart Green and the Modern Drama of Sleight of Hand", Journal of Performance Magic, 1(1), October 2013.
|This magic-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an entertainer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|