Leland Purvis is a comic book writer and artist, best known for his black and white series Vóx and Pubo.
Purvis was nominated for the 2004 Ignatz Award for Promising New Talent for his work on Suspended in Language. He was also the recipient of a 2000 Xeric Foundation grant to support the creation of Vóx.
As writer and artistEdit
- Vóx #1-4 (of 4), Pack Rabbit Press, 2000-2003
- collected in Vox : collected works, 1999-2003, Absence of Ink Comics, 2004
- Pubo #1-3 (of 3), Dark Horse Comics, 2002-2003
- collected in Pubo, Dark Horse Comics, 2003
- Vulcan & Vishnu, a web-comic
As primary artistEdit
- Suspended in language : Niels Bohr's life, discoveries, and the century he shaped (writer: Jim Ottaviani), G. T. Labs, 2004
- Shellgame (story, photography, and design by Marc Calvary; art by Leland Purvis), The Carbon Based Mistake
- Resistance: Book One, (writer: Carla Jablonski), First Second Books (2010)
- The Imitation Game (writer: Jim Ottaviani), Tor.com, 2014
- The Monon Street Power Collective 1, (Various artists and writers), Welsh El Dorado Press, 2004
- 24seven, (various artists and writers), Image Comics, 2006
- "The First Move" (writer: Elizabeth Genco) in Smut Peddler #3, Saucy Goose Press, 2006
- Rappaport, Adrienne. "Declaration of Independents: Sotto Vox: Leland Purvis (Vox)" [interview] Sequential Tart. Feb 2004.
- Carlson, Johanna Draper. "Suspended in Language" [review]. Comics Worth Readiing. March 18, 2006.
- McElhatton, Greg. "Vox" [review]. iComics.com. March 19, 2001.
- "Leland Purvis on Pubo #1" [interview]. originally on DarkHorse.com, reprinted on LelandPurvis.com. October 1, 2002.
- Streetfables — "a venue for the self-published comics, zines and chapbooks of Leland Purvis and Elizabeth Genco".
- Official website
|This profile of an American comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|