Leinster Junior Club Hurling Championship
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)
The Leinster Junior Club Hurling Championship is an annual hurling tournament played between the hundreds of Junior hurling clubs in Leinster. Each of the 12 counties in the province will provide one team. In most cases that will be the winner of the Junior Hurling Championship in that county. In the case of countries that are of a lower standard, they may nominate winners of their Intermediate or Senior Hurling Championship. The winners of this competition will represent the province of Leinster in the semi-finals of the All-Ireland Junior Club Hurling Championship.
A separate Leinster Special Junior Club Championship which included the Junior Champions of Meath, Kildare, Carlow and Offaly as well as the senior champions of Louth and Longford was discontinued after the 2015 competition. The 2015 champions were Ballypickas of Laois who beat Broadford of Kildare in the final.
County champions from various grades throughout the province participated in the 2017 championship:
Laois, Offaly, Wicklow, Westmeath, Kildare, Meath, Carlow
Intermediate 'B' Champions:
Roll of honourEdit
|1||Kilkenny clubs||15||Conahy Shamrocks||2019|
|2||Wexford clubs||2||St. Mogues, Fethard||2017|
|3||Carlow clubs||1||Erin's Own||2005|
|Westmeath clubs||1||St. Oliver Plunketts||2001|
Special Junior Hurling ChampionshipEdit
|2014||Clara||Offaly||2-18||Wolfe Tones (Mostrim)||Longford||0-05|
- "AIB Leinster Junior Club Hurling Championship 2017". Leinster GAA. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Fethard hang on in thrilling finale to claim their first title". Irish Independent. 13 November 2017. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
- "Cats maintain grip on title". Irish Independent. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Glenmore crowned kings of clubs". Irish Independent. 18 January 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "Leinster Club JHC final: Bennettsbridge enjoy runaway success". Hogan Stand. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Ballinamere claim historic victory". Irish Examiner. 2 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Thomastown point way to title". Irish Examiner. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Five see red in Ballypickas victory". Irish Independent. 30 November 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Leinster Special club JHC final: Clara crush the Tones". Hogan Stand. 30 November 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Leinster club Special JHC: More success for Castleknock". Hogan Stand. 25 November 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2013.