Leinier Domínguez(Redirected from Leinier Dominguez)
Leinier Domínguez Pérez (born September 23, 1983) is a Cuban chess grandmaster. He competed in the FIDE World Chess Championship in 2002 and 2004, and the FIDE World Cup in 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015. Domínguez Pérez was world champion in blitz chess in 2008.
at the Dresden Olympiad, 2008
|Full name||Leinier Domínguez Pérez|
|Born||September 23, 1983|
|FIDE rating||2739 (December 2018)|
|Peak rating||2768 (May 2014)|
|Ranking||No. 20 (October 2017)|
|Peak ranking||No. 10 (May 2014)|
Domínguez Pérez won the Carlos Torre Repetto Memorial in Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico in 2001. He won the Cuban Chess Championship in 2002, 2003, 2006, 2012 and 2016. Also in 2002, he shared first place with Lázaro Bruzón in the North Sea Cup in Esbjerg, Denmark.
During the FIDE World Chess Championship 2004 he reached the quarterfinals, losing to Teimour Radjabov in the tie-break. In the same year, Domínguez Pérez won the Capablanca Memorial for the first time. He won this tournament also in 2008 and 2009.
In 2008, he won the CPA chess tournament and the 43rd Capablanca Memorial tournament. In the same year, he tied for first with Evgeny Alekseev at the Biel Chess Festival, ahead of Magnus Carlsen. Domínguez Pérez finished second after losing the playoff. On November 8, 2008 Domínguez Pérez won the World Blitz Championship, held at Almaty in Kazakhstan, with 11.5 points out of 15, ahead of Vassily Ivanchuk, Peter Svidler, Alexander Grischuk and many other top grandmasters.
In June 2013 he won the FIDE Grand Prix event in Thessaloniki as a clear first in a field of twelve elite players, among them Fabiano Caruana, Veselin Topalov and Alexander Grischuk. In 2016, Domínguez Pérez shared 2nd−4th places at the Dortmund Sparkassen Chess Meeting with Vladimir Kramnik and Fabiano Caruana.
Leinier Dominguez was part of the team that assisted Peter Leko in his training for the World Chess Championship in 2007.
In July 2018 Leinier Dominguez published several training materials among others:
- Magnus Carlsen vs Leinier Dominguez-Perez, Biel 2008, Sicilian Defense: Najdorf Variation, Adams Attack (B90), ½–½
- Alexander Onischuk vs Leinier Dominguez-Perez, Biel, 2008, Gruenfeld Defense: Russian, Hungarian Variation (D97), 0-1
- Evgeny Alekseev vs Leinier Dominguez-Perez, Biel 2008, Sicilian Defense: Najdorf, Zagreb Variation (B91), 0-1
- Leinier Dominguez-Perez vs Alexander Morozevich, Corus 2009, Sicilian Defense: Najdorf Variation, English Attack (B90), 1-0
- "The Week in Chess 401". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- 2004 FIDE World Chess Championship
- "The Week in Chess 498". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- Magistral Ciutat de Barcelona- Casino Barcelona 2006: CRÓNICAS/NOTAS DE PRENSA
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Dominguez Perez wins the 43rd Capablanca Memorial
- "Biel R10: Alekseev catches Dominguez, wins tiebreak". ChessBase. 2008-07-31. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- Cuba's Leinier Dominguez Becomes World's Blitz Chess Champion
- THESSALONIKI FIDE GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT
- Colodro, Carlos (2016-07-19). "Dortmund R7: Kramnik ends on a high". chess24.com. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "GM Leinier Dominguez Perez (Sebastian) - Chess Profile". Chess.com. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- ChessLeinier.com is the official website of Leinier Dominguez. Also available via chessle.com
- Leinier Dominguez chess games at 365Chess.com
- Leinier Dominguez-Perez player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Leinier Domínguez Pérez team chess record at Olimpbase.org
| World Blitz Chess Champion