|Municipality of Leganes|
Facade of San Vicente Ferrer Church in Leganes
Map of Iloilo with Leganes highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|District||2nd district of Iloilo|
|Barangays||18 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Vicente P. Jaen II|
|• Vice Mayor||Lyle L. Bartolome|
|• Congressman||Michael B. Gorriceta|
|• Electorate||20,063 voters (2016)|
|• Total||32.20 km2 (12.43 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)33|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||87.1 million (2016)|
|Native languages||Kinaray-a language|
It is located 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) north of the capital Iloilo City. Like most Philippine towns that sprawl outward from the capital, is made up of houses, farms and light agricultural industry. The major thoroughfare runs right through the center of the town.
- M.V. Hechanova (Balagon)
- Cagamutan Norte
- Cagamutan Sur
- Cari Mayor
- Cari Minor
- San Vicente
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Leganes, Iloilo, was 32,480 people, with a density of 1,000 inhabitants per square kilometre or 2,600 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Iloilo". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.