This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018)
|City University, Ibadan|
|Motto||Knowledge for Self-reliance|
|Chairman||Prof. Jide Owoeye|
|Chancellor||Prof. Gabriel Babatunde Ogunmola|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Kabiru Aderemi Adeyemo|
|Provost||Prof. Afolakemi Oredein|
Blue, pink, white
The university submitted its application to the National Universities Commission the year 2002. The Standing Committee on Private Universities (SCOPU) conducted the verification and the final assessment visits in August and September, 2003, respectively. At the end of the assessment visits, SCOPU reported that the profile of the Proprietor of Lead City University confirmed that it has the capacity and resources to establish a private university. Thereafter, the university was "approved for immediate take off" by the Board of NUC in December 2003 as a prelude to the ratification by the Federal Executive Council, which was effected on 16 February 2005.
Though the charter of the university has City University, Ibadan as its name but due to several cases of mistaken identity and in order to avert corporate identity problem, the board of trustees and council of the university had an extraordinary meeting on 7 March 2005, and resolved to modify the name to read Lead City University, Ibadan. The change in name was subsequently communicated to the Federal Ministry of Education, the National Universities Commission, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and other stakeholders while all previous documents relating to City University, Ibadan remain valid.
Statistics from Lead City University's 15th Convocation (Enterprise Graduate Class of 2022)
- Total number of Undergraduates: 1306
- Total number of First Class Graduates: 156
- Total number of Postgraduates: 534
- PhD: 73
- Masters: 364
- PGD: 97
- Honorary Graduates: 5
The university is by the Council of Legal Education, and can send students to the Nigerian Law School for legal education and training, as well as admit candidates to the Nigerian Bar upon successful completion of the prescribed requirements.
Notable faculty Edit
Faculty of Art and Education
Law Lecture Theatre
Faculty of Law (2023), Lead City University, Ibadan
- "About Us". Lead City University. Retrieved 4 April 2022.
Colours of Lead City University – Blue represents imagination and creativity Pink represents passion for human development White represents peace and serenity of the academic environment
- "Lead University holds convocation". DailyTrust. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- "Appeal Court declares Lead City University Law programme illegal". Premium Times. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- "What I saw At Lead City University, Ibadan By Toyin Falola". Sahara Reporters. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Okonoboh, Rita (14 Dec 2022). "Falola becomes professor emeritus in humanities at Lead City University". TheCable. Retrieved 21 Apr 2023.
- "Lead City varsity's performing arts department honours Toyin Kolade". Punch Newspapers. 29 May 2022. Retrieved 21 Apr 2023.
- "Lead City University's 15th Convocation was a huge success 🤩 Congratulations to all the Enterprise Graduate Class of 2022. Here are some statistics from... | By Lead City University, Ibadan | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2023-04-20.
- Chioma, Unini (2023-04-23). "Full List Of Accredited/Approved Faculties Of Law In Nigeria As At 2023". TheNigeriaLawyer. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- Edokwe, Bridget (2023-04-23). "2023 List of accredited/approved faculties of Law in Nigeria as released by the Council of Legal Education". BarristerNG.com. Retrieved 2023-04-24.
- "Falola becomes professor emeritus in humanities at Lead City University". TheCable. 2022-12-14. Retrieved 2023-04-21.