The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2020)
Lea Verou (Greek: Λία Βέρου; born June 13, 1986) is a front end web developer, speaker and author, originally from Lesbos, Greece. Verou is currently a Research Assistant at MIT CSAIL, in David Karger’s Haystack group and an Invited Expert in the W3C CSS Working Group.
|Born||June 13, 1986|
Verou has written a book on advanced CSS for O’Reilly, worked for W3C/MIT, given over 60 invited talks around the world, released several open source projects, and co-founded a Greek startup called Fresset Ltd (which she left in 2011), among other projects. She has written articles for several magazines in the Web design industry, including A List Apart and Smashing Magazine.
Verou holds a BSc in Computer Science from Athens University of Economics and Business, in which she co-organized a 4th year undergrad course about web development in the past. Her background encompasses both technical development and visual design.
-prefix-free is a polyfill which allows current browsers to recognise the unprefixed versions of several CSS3 properties instead of requiring the developer to write out all the vendor prefixes. It reads the page's stylesheets and replaces any unprefixed properties with their prefixed counterparts recognised by the current browser.
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/styles.css"> <script src="/path/to/prefixfree.min.js"></script>
Prism is a syntax highlighting library. It is a spin-off project from Dabblet. The project page had 23,000 unique visitors on its first day. It is used in websites including Smashing Magazine, Mozilla Developer Network, and Brendan Eich’s blog.
- Verou, Lea (May 1, 2012). "How I Got into Web Development – The Long Version". Lea Verou. Retrieved May 26, 2020.
- "Lea Verou's homepage".
- "CSS Secrets".
- Gilbertson, Scott (15 February 2013). "Interview: Lea Verou on Why Web Standards Matter and How You Can Help". Wired Magazine. Wired.
- "Smashing Magazine".
- "Lea Verou's CV".
- Verou, Lea (16 December 2011). "Introducing dabblet: An interactive CSS playground".
- Verou, Michailia (March 2013). Dabblet (B.Sc. thesis). Athens University of Economics & Business.
- Help ✿ dabblet.com
- "Smashing Magazine - PrefixFree: Break Free From CSS Prefix Hell".
- "Get Beautiful Syntax Highlighting For Your Website Code".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lea Verou.|