Le Voyage en douce
Le Voyage en douce is a 1980 French drama film directed by Michel Deville. The screenplay is shaped around 15 different sexual anecdotes, penned by 15 writers. The film stars Dominique Sanda and Geraldine Chaplin. It was entered into the 30th Berlin International Film Festival.
|Le Voyage en douce|
|Directed by||Michel Deville|
|Produced by||Maurice Bernart|
|Written by||Michel Deville|
|Music by||Catherine Ardouin|
|Edited by||Raymonde Guyot|
Disillusioned with the men in their lives, two friends, Hélène (Sanda) and Lucie (Chaplin) embark on a journey together to the South of France. As the pair continue to travel they recount their sexual histories, and repeat some of them along the journey.
- Dominique Sanda as Hélène
- Geraldine Chaplin as Lucie
- Jacques Zabor as Denis
- Jean Crubelier as L'homme des maisons
- Valerie Masterson as La cantatrice
- Cécile Le Bailly as Marie
- Jacqueline Parent as Mathilde
- Jacques Pieiller as Pinson
- Liliane Rovère as The Voice
- Françoise Morhange as La grand-mère
- Frédéric Andréi as Le jeune homme de l'hôtel
- Christophe Malavoy as L'homme du train
- André Marcon as L'homme du concert
Janet Maslin of The New York Times praised the ambiguous nature of Hélène and Lucie's relationship; "its teasing is effective, thanks particularly to Miss Sanda, who is as beautiful and insolently alluring here as she has ever been. With timing that is constantly surprising, with a knowing sensuality just this side of brazeness, Miss Sanda is enough reason to see the movie. And she and Miss Chaplin share an abandon that is intricately balanced, and gracefully played." Maslin felt that the film was "finally aimless" but that it was still "seductive all the same."
- Maslin, Janet. The Screen: "Voyage en Douce," 2 Frenchwomen on a Journey, pp. 20. The New York Times. 9 April 1981. Retrieved on 30 July 2011
- "IMDB.com: Awards for Le Voyage en douce". imdb.com. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
|This article about a drama film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|