This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Laya Gorty is a Telugu film actress and Kuchipudi dancer. Her debut film as child actor is Bhadram Koduko in 1992. Later, she started as an actress with Telugu film Swayamvaram in 1999 along with another popular actor, Venu in 1999. She went on to act in about 60 Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam films.
|Born||21 October 1981|
Laya born into a Telugu Bramhin family in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh and attended Nirmala High School, Vijayawada. Her mother was a music teacher in Nirmala High School, Vijayawada and her father a doctor. During her school days, she was a state champion seven times and won second place at National level in Chess. Later, she moved to Hyderabad and participated in multiple stage shows as a classical dancer, having performed in more than 50 stage shows. She has a master's degree in Computer Applications. She married Dr. Sri Ganesh Gorty on 14 June 2006 and currently lives in Los Angeles, California. The couple have a daughter Sloka Gorty and a son Vachan Gorty. Her father is the noted nephrologist Dr. Gopalakrishna Gandikota.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
- Mega Bangaram Mee Kosam - 1 (Gemini TV) as host
- Sambavi TV serial on ETV.
- Padutha Theeyaga on ETV as a host
- Gorty, Laya. "Bio Data".
- Seshagiri, Sangeetha. "Happy Birthday Ram Charan Teja: 'Magadheera' Hero Turns 28".
- IBTimes. "Hoax busted: Telugu actress Laya rubbishes car accident reports [VIDEO]".
- "The Hindu : Nandi awards for 2000 announced". www.thehindu.com.
- "The Hindu : 'Preminchu', best film for 2001". www.thehindu.com.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|