for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Mohammad Shahid Islam|
The constituency encompasses Raipur Upazila and eight union parishads of Lakshmipur Sadar Upazila: Basikpur, Char Ruhita, Dakshin Hamchadi, Dalal Bazar, Parbati Nagar, Shak Char, Tum Char, and Uttar Hamchadi.
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1986||Chowdhury Khurshid Alam||Jatiya Party|
|1991||Mohammad Mohammadullah||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|February 1996||Abul Khair Bhuiyan||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|Sep 1996 by-election||Harunur Rashid||Awami League|
|Nov 2001 by-election||Abul Khair Bhuiyan||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|2014||Mohammad Noman||Jatiya Party (Ershad)|
|2018||Mohammad Shahid Islam||Independent|
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|BNP||Abul Khair Bhuiyan||129,995||57.1||-15.1|
|Awami League||Harunur Rashid||51,732||39.6||+13.3|
|Independent||Mohammad Ali Khokon||37,717||1.3||N/A|
|BDB||Shah Ahmed Badal||672||0.1||N/A|
|BKA||Altaf Hossain Molla||620||0.1||N/A|
|National People's Party||AHM Zaheer Hossain Hakim||256||0.6||N/A|
Khaleda Zia stood for five seats in the 2001 general election: Bogra-6, Bogra-7, Feni-1, Khulna-2 and Lakshmipur-2. After winning all five, she chose to represent Bogra-6 and quit the other four, triggering by-elections in them. Abul Khair Bhuiyan of the BNP was elected unopposed in the by-election scheduled for November.
|BNP||Begum Khaleda Zia||123,526||72.2||+20.6|
|Awami League||Harunur Rashid||44,974||26.3||+2.7|
|IJOF||Abul Kashem Choyal||1,251||0.7||N/A|
|Gano Forum||Ruhul Amin Patwari||438||0.3||+0.1|
|Independent||Md. Jasim Uddin||175||0.1||N/A|
|JSD||Rafiqul Haider Chowdhury||165||0.1||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Ruhul Amin||159||0.1||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Shahid Ulla||141||0.1||N/A|
|Jatiya Party (M)||Kazi Jamsed Kabir Bakki Billah||126||0.1||N/A|
|Independent||AHM Zaheer Hossain Hakim||55||0.0||N/A|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
Khaleda Zia stood for five seats in the June 1996 general election: Bogra-6, Bogra-7, Feni-1, Lakshmipur-2 and Chittagong-1. After winning all five, she chose to represent Feni-1 and quit the other four, triggering by-elections in them. Harunur Rashid of the Awami League was elected in a September 1996 by-election.
|BNP||Begum Khaleda Zia||59,054||51.6||-1.9|
|Awami League||Tozmmel Hossain Chowdhury||26,937||23.6||-9.6|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||M. A. Jabbar||19,677||17.2||+12.9|
|JP(E)||Chowdhury Khurshid Alam||6,294||5.5||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Gazi Amin Ullah||322||0.3||-0.3|
|Gano Forum||Ruhul Amin Patwari||240||0.2||N/A|
|Pragotishi Jatiatabadi Dal (Nurul A Moula)||Md. Mamunur Rashid||195||0.2||N/A|
|JSD (R)||Md. Rafiqul Haider||191||0.2||-3.8|
|FP||Aziz Ullah Bhuiyan||128||0.1||N/A|
|Awami League||Khaled Md. Ali||23,929||33.2|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||M. A. Jabbar||3,097||4.3|
|JSD (R)||Rafiqul Haider Chowdhury||2,862||4.0|
|Workers Party||Abul Bashar||2,784||3.9|
|Zaker Party||Main Uddin||459||0.6|
|Independent||Md. Dhanu Miah||235||0.3|
|JSD (S)||Humayun Kabir||111||0.2|
|NAP (Muzaffar)||Md. Nurul Islam Chowdhury||77||0.1|
|BNP gain from JP(E)|
- "Laxmipur-2". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 28 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Statistical Report: 7th Jatiya Shangshad Election" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. p. 299. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2018.
- "Statistical Report: 7th Jatiya Shangshad Election" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. pp. 306, 310. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2018.